Is there a program to boost internal speaker volume?

Discussion in 'Palm TX' started by fibbo, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fibbo

fibbo Mobile Enthusiast

Hi everyone,
    Is there a program to boost the internal speaker volume? In some movies that I watch the sound is not as loud as it can be. A lot of the astraware games are VERY loud and can be heard across the room. Just a side remark - I dont like how the internal speaker is at the back!

Cheers,
    fibbo.

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

If you're using TCPMP to view your movies, which is highly recommended freeware (link in my sig), go to Prefs and on the Audio tab there's a slider for preamp. That'll boost the volume.

Also, when you're encoding the movies for the TX, most apps have an option to boost the volume.

3. Hook

Hook Hookette's edgy lately

It sounds like you are trying to use the TX speaker for your ambient sound rather than headphones? Why? (If I'm wrong, disregard). No matter how loud you get it, it is not going to deliver quality sound. If you don't want to use headphones, get self-powered external PC speakers, Combining TCPMP's preamp with the external speaker controls ahouls get you a pretty good result (I do this with a cheap set of speakers and it works fine).

Just a suggestion. :)

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta boldly battling the XenForo-ces {squeek!!}

regarding the game volume, on the TX itself you can set that to low/med/high and, most games have their own vol. setting

5. fibbo

fibbo Mobile Enthusiast

Thankyou all for your replies. I do not always carry earphones with me so thankyou for pointing out the handy volume boosting feature in TCPMP :) I knew that the TX internal speaker was capable of louder volumes than what I had it on hehe

Cheers,
    fibbo.