Is the Palm lllc a good product?

Discussion in 'III series' started by Pearlygurl59, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pearlygurl59

Pearlygurl59 Newbie

A friend is offering to sell me a moderatly used Palm lllc for $50, including the charger and all the linking cables. Is this a good product for me to buy? If it is, is the price he is asking good for a used one?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
    ~SJ

2. msumulong

msumulong Mobile Deity

It's a fair deal. But it won't hurt to look for a better deal.:)

3. Ben S

Ben S Mobile Deity

$50 is an excellent price for a IIIc. I hope to make more than that for mine when it comes time to sell it :)

4. gareva1

gareva1 Newbie

I bought a IIIc at the beginning of this semester, and I love it; I paid 100 for mine off of ebay; they cannot be purchased new anymore, and some ppl say that they are becoming obsolete; my main gripe with it is the lack of an expansion slot; I haven't gone anywhere near the 8mb of memory on mine, and i play some games on it, but I would like an expansion slot so I could put a wireless network adaptor on it...

there are lots of accessories for the IIIc, since anything that works for the regular III works with them; I hear there is a add on piece that makes the IIIc a digital camera; they are available for around 30 on ebay, and modems can go for 10-15 there too;

The main thing influencing my purchase of the IIIc is the color screen; some people have to have it, other's its just an expensive option; since the only other palm product with a color screen was the M130 (w/a price of 250+), and pocket PC pda's with higher prices (like the ipaq), the IIIc was the most affordable one I could get my hands on, and I've been very satisfied with it.

Any other questions? Hope this helps.

5. Pearlygurl59

Pearlygurl59 Newbie

Thanks for all the help guys, I decided not to get it, I'm going to look for something a little more new. Thanks again!
    ~SJ