Is NOKIA Lumia 808 pure view meant for its pixels..???

Discussion in 'Nokia Maemo OS' started by mannayta, Sep 5, 2012.

1. mannayta

mannayta Newbie

Hi guys !!
    Hope you all are doing well..
    Is anybody using Nokia Lumia 808 pure view phone?
    'COS i know about its camera quality and does this 41 mega pixel really meant by it.
    Please share your views.

2. leena111

leena111 Newbie

Ya,of course i had recently bought my new NOKIA LUMIA 808 pure view phone and the pictures that are taken by my phone seems like real ones.
    its not about the number of pixels but about the clarity that nokia is offering in this phone.
    And you may have the Full 1080 p video recording from the phone.

3. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

PureView doesn't refer to the amount of pixels, it refers to what Nokia is doing with the pixels to show a more realistic image without the noise, sharpening, and other artifacts that are normal for camera-equipped mobiles because of the small sensor size.

First, there is the largest sensor ever fitted to a mobile phone camera here. This allows for not only more pixels, but the better cause of more light into the lens. With more light, the CPU processes the photo data much, much better.

Second, with the amount of data that is captured, Nokia is able to do with this size of a lens what some very niche full cameras do, which is to take a number of pixels (in the 808's case, 7 or 8) and the combine them into one "super pixel." This super pixel has all of the infomation of several pixels inside of one, making it so that you can do things lie, lossless zoom (you how when you zoom but the picture looks dithered and out of focus? Lossless means that you don't get that kind of degraded quality).

The other aspect of PureView has to do with video and the amount of information that the camera is able to take in. Combined with state of the mobile art microphones and speakers, you basically have a mini-multimedia production studio in your hands with the 808.

I know that was technical, but that would be the simple answer. Over at the Nokia Conversations blog (conversations.nokia.com) they ran several text and video stories on this tech when the 808 was released. I would recommend those for a fuller explaination from the creators. Cheers.

RickAgresta likes this.
  4. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

Don't mean to interrupt the discussion, but good to see you popping up here again,Antoine! :)

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Hello, Antoine! Good to see you around. You've been missed. (good morning, Hook!)

6. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

Hello all; thanks for the re-welcome. Am always around in one way or another. Still thinking a bit further and pushing as far as life and devices allow. Going to figure out this federated data route, and that makes for items like having pixels like what's available from the 808 and other devices... because consuming content means nada, making a place for expereinces to last a while is a bit more of a focus.

7. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

The 808 Pureview is not a Lumia phone--the Lumia phones are Nokia's Windows Phone lineup. The 808 Pureview runs Symbian Belle, if I recall correctly. So it's the "Nokia 808 Pureview," not the "Nokia Lumia 808 Pureview."

The "Pureview" name doesn't refer to any one particular camera technology or feature, but instead it refers to a Nokia phone that takes smartphone camera technology in a different direction than the mainstream that's out there. For the 808 Pureview, the technology they used to do that was a 41-megapixel sensor that allowed for oversampling as well as lossless zoom. For Nokia's latest Pureview phone, the Lumia 920 Pureview, they used an 8.7 megapixel sensor, but they equipped it with a floating lense to allow for optical image stabilization (done through hardware, not just anti-shake software), which also allows for ultra-long-exposure night photos without the typical camera-shake associated with long-exposure shots. Different technologies, but same goal (taking smartphone cameras a step further than the competition with exclusive hardware), so they're both "Pureview."