Is it possible to prevent user from accessing gmail on 2nd device with my account?

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by raspabalsa, May 30, 2016.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Thanks Stan, but I've determined that my request can't be solved the way I want. Simply put, once a device is logged on to my google account, it's not possible to restrict access to apps or services on a per-device and per-app basis. The only thing that could have worked (probably) was Google App Passwords, which is not available for my account. I guess I should move temporarily to the US - before Trump is sworn and starts building the border walls - and open a few accounts to get free of the geographical restrictions.

I already removed my own google account from all my family's devices and now all their devices are set to the new family account. I'll add new apps to this account on a per-demand basis... meaning I'll demand excellent behavior and grades from my kids before I buy another game for them :D

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Yeah, that never works for me. It's gotten to the point where I just buy them games so I don't have to deal with them for a few hours. :rolleyes: :D

3. raspabalsa

I still get some results with that... My son is doing his best to work at school in exchange of the Legacy of the Void expansion of Starcraft II. He still has two months of suffering to endure until school year's end and then he has to pass my final evaluation... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

But yes, the grasp is tenuous at best. My kids are nearing their teens. I have at most three years of evil-doctor laughter ahead :(

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

...early to mid-20's aren't all that great, either, IME as a parent.. :vbfrown:

5. raspabalsa

And neither are mid-20's to early 30's ... that's where my wife's children :confused: are right now. Every day I listen to her cautionary tales, but I know that deep inside she's just waiting patiently to deliver her own maniacal laughter as I crash against one age phase after another.

With that happy note I'm off to bed. I already feel a lot older than this morning :(:(

lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  6. jigwashere

Um, just don't go asking my parents about dealing with kids in their mid 50s. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

7. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

I discovered that once my kids got to about 30, things straightened out and got better. Now I have grandchildren, and more on the way. But it did take a very long time for them to settle down.

RickAgresta likes this.
  8. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

The legacy of us Boomers, that long and seemingly eternal teenage phase... :vbwink:

jigwashere likes this.
  9. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

<rick wonders if he'll ever outgrow it…>

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  10. jigwashere

<jig accepts rick just the way he is.>

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.