Is it possible to change profile name ?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by John Farrel, Aug 18, 2014.

1. John Farrel

John Farrel Mobile Evangelist

Hi, I was wondering if its possible to change my display name ?? I want to change my display name to something else please help me in replacing with something else.

2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Nothing a regular user can do, and nothing any Moderator can assist you with either. Generally speaking, you've got to have a very compelling reason for the user name change, and it is up to the Administrators of this site to grant or deny the request. You'd be best to contact them directly through the contact information for Brighthand.

RickAgresta likes this.
  3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I guess it would be easier to create a new account with the name you want and stop using the current one. You could then add a signature line to the new user with something like "the user formerly known as John Farrel" and some nice rune or hieroglyph accompanying it :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    John Farrel, scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  4. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Sorry Raspy, that isn't allowed. One account per user:

General Rules

• While debate and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
    • Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts and such.
    • Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
    • Cross posting, the act of posting the same thing across multiple forums, is not allowed. Please post once in the most appropriate forum.
    • Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private Message system to spam other members.
    • Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts; 24 hours is recommended.
    • We also do not allow posts that are sexually harassing in nature or violate Brighthand.com community standards. The Brighthand.com team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
    • Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. There is a zero tolerance policy for illegal activity being discussed.
    • Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
    • We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
    • Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
    • Foul language isn't necessary to discuss smartphones and help people, so it won't be tolerated. Any attempt to bypass bad language filters will result in an infraction against the user and that post being edited or removed.
    Any threads/posts of these above types will be deleted.

scjjtt, BAB2000 and lelisa13p like this.
  5. raspabalsa

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks, hc. However, can the user ask for the original account to be closed, then open a new one with the new name (and nice rune in the sig ;) )?

scjjtt likes this.
  6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I don't think so. Closing an account requires a compelling reason as well, not something capricious like wanting a name change. That is an Administrative task.

And given the amount of advertising already existing in that user's presence here, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to change the account name to the company name that his account is saturated with. Bah.

7. raspabalsa

Thank you, lelisa. I guess I'll better move along and let forum admins and mods handle this :)

scjjtt likes this.
  8. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

You were just being nice, unfortunately there was a snake waiting to slither by trying to seem sincere.

scjjtt and raspabalsa like this.
  9. John Farrel

Nope I don't want to change the user name with something like company name ! I am afraid but in this case you are defiantly wrong, I wasn't actually going to give the reason to change my name to something company name, actually the reason is I want to give the name to something different than my current name with something more interesting and different like "Androdo Buster" or something else like. I wonder what makes you heading direct to the, I must say that's is not good actually ! :(

10. John Farrel

Well @raspabalsa thank you for being nice !! Rest all the @admins and @mods I guess there is a need of handling users sometimes in a good way because not everyone came over here are always looking for spamming. And as far as the promotional activities are concerned I have seen users over this forum who are doing the same, I don't want to quote their names upon here but tell you what that's a rude way to treat members

I guess you're violating you're own:
    RULE#1: "While debate and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts."