Is it me, or have some forums *Disappeared*?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by RickAgresta, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Administrator Super Moderator

We'll open permissions to the News forum, sure.

Charles

scjjtt, Mi An, z22 2006 User and 5 others like this.
  2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Here is what I'm getting trying to post to it..,

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Hook, jigwashere and RickAgresta like this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Via the web, I see the same message Scott. hopefully, soon…<RA holds off on asking if Scott would like to buy a bridge in one of the NYC boros…>

Hook, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  4. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Administrator Super Moderator

Our developers say they've opened the permissions, Log in/out and try again.

Best,
    Charles

scjjtt, jigwashere, Hook and 2 others like this.
  5. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Yup. works now! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

6. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Frankly, it seems nicely cleaned up besides the already solved glitches, but I do have one suggestion/question: there's no Apple forum under device manufactures. Shouldn't there be? I'm not a big Apple user, although I've recently considered going back, but it seems like it would make sense.

Charles P. Jefferies and scjjtt like this.
  7. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

The results you see, are from collapsing forums and sub forums. This forum has never been a leading forum for Apple posts, and as such, never a forum in that area for Apple hardware. The hardware options are for lack of better words, limited by Apple's own nature. You're more likely to have OS / software questions, than you are to have a specific model question due to this. If this forum should ever gain such popularity as to necessitate a forum just for Apple hardware, I'd think a sub forum could be added at that time.

8. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I like the iOS/iPhone relocation just fine. It makes sense. :vbsmile:

9. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Yes, but it's really the only one where the software/OS is combined with the hardware and there are differences. Even Palm has these separated and those are not really all that active (said as a Palm diehard).

scjjtt likes this.
  10. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Palm has countless forums and sub forums, as Brighthand used to be the place to go for everything Palm. Representatives from Palm used to have discussions with the owner and staff of Brighthand, and took information directly back to Palm, on a monthly basis if I remember correctly. This was before exploits shook the industry, before using a device a few years old, meant that it was just old, and not a security vulnerability.

The times have radically changed since the days of Palm. For iOS, if you are not using a device that is capable of using version 11.2.2 as of 1/15/18, I wouldn't even bother to offer support, beyond that of go get a new device and transfer your data. Anyone that begs to differ, can queue up in my support line, that I'll never get to. I don't see hardware forums for iOS to be of much benefit. The question needs to be, what OS version. If OS version =/= supported version, get updated or upgraded. Once up to date, then proceed with question.