Is it me, or have some forums *Disappeared*?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by RickAgresta, Jan 3, 2018.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

No, it's not me. The Headline News forum has absorbed the place where I (and others) had posted threads of importance, which, of course, I can't remember the name of.

Also, this forum: 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' seems to be new to me, and I have multiple posts in it…?!

The gremlins are loose…somebody fed 'em after midnight, while giving 'em a bath…?

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Yeah, looks like the old tablet/chromebook/netbook forum got collapsed into the new General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion forum. The forum that disappeared into Headline news was the old release notes forum. Of course, we still can't post new threads in Headline News, but I guess General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion is broad enough that we can put announcements/news in there. :vbrolleyes:

The walls are closing in. :vbeek: :vbrolleyes:

3. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Yes, there is some forum restructuring going on. I have asked for a public post regarding the changes...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I saw an Administrator logged in yesterday. I knew no good would come of that. ;)

5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

maybe by the time the green slice of pie is over.....

[​IMG]

while looking for the above, came across this, below; is it true??
    MN culture.jpg

6. headcronie

Both are highly accurate. If you've got an old or cheap off-brand battery, good luck. If you aren't seeing road construction signs today, you will tomorrow. :)

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Maybe the bomb cyclone ate the forums.

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  8. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Administrator Super Moderator

We've optimized the forum structure for traffic.
    Some forums have been combined into others. This is a summary:
    --The Carriers category of forums: combined all of these into one new forum, Carrier Discussions. Description of forum: Discuss AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint and more here.
    --The Platforms category of forums: combined all of these into a new forum, General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable/Tablet discussion. Forum description: Discuss smartphones, tablets, and just about any handheld electronic device here.
    --Buy, Sell, Trade forum - closed off entirely and made hidden.
    --Online and Brick and Mortar Store Deals - combined with the new forum I proposed above, General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable/Tablet.
    --Smartphone User Reviews and the Press Releases/Announcements forums - combined into Headline News forum.
    --Other Device Manufacturers forum: combined all of its subforums into the main Other Device Manufacturers forum.
    --combined the following forums into the Other Device Manufacturers forum: HTC (and all its subforums), Blackberry (the one in the Device Manufacturers category), Nokia, Motorola, Sony, LG.
    --Palm (under Device Manufacturers) - combined all of its subforums into the main Palm forum.
    --Samsung - combined all of its subforums into the main Samsung forum.
    --Windows Phone - combined all of its subforums into the main Windows Phone forum.
    --Other Operating Systems - combined all of its subforums into the main Other Operating Systems forum.

Charles

lelisa13p and Hook like this.
  9. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Thanks for the detailed reply. The key problem is that you took the forum users were using to post news of interest to the community (Press Releass/Announcements) and put them into a forum (Headline News) where users are not allowed to post new threads. Unfortunately, no one on staff is providing Headline News either. :vbrolleyes:

Can you either change permissions on headline News, or can you provide a User News forum? Sure, we could always spread news all over in the relevant fora, but it really is more useful to have a place for general news and information and leave the forums for specific questions and problem solving.

10. headcronie

I fully agree. As no new news has come from staff, having a stagnant Headline News forum is the opposite of driving traffic. Open it up to everyone, or do away with the section all together. There are still Mod staff covering this forum, so it isn't like we'll let anything fly in that forum.