Is anybody else here not interested in replacing their current smartphone?

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by LandSurveyor, Aug 31, 2017.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Sigh....one of my coworkers confessed to buying a new car because her "old" one needed new tires. Unfortunately, I can imagine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

One of my former coworkers many years ago said that her father traded cars when the ashtrays were full. :vbsmile: This was in the late 1970s, when cars were the size of yachts. :vbrolleyes:

r0k, RickAgresta, raspabalsa and 2 others like this.
  3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I've threatened before; but I'm seriously thinking of going iOS if this new iPhone is killer.

Like r0k, I hate the lack of a headphone jack, which dissuaded me from iOS the last time around; but I may cave this time if the 10th anniversary 'premium' model is amazing.

Like Lelisa, I have all my old phones and device; but I don't have nearly as many. But I can claim to have my original Apple II+ and Mac SE/30. Both still work and I fired them up not that long ago.

r0k, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  4. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

I would have happily kept my Moto Z Force for a long time, but I was forced onto iOS by work. My plan now is to pick up a 7S (maaaaaaaaybe an 8 but that's a big maybe) and use it for as long as humanly possible.

r0k, scjjtt, RickAgresta and 3 others like this.
  5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

So, two years? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Touche.

7. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I'm not interested in a new phone. *breathe in, exhale* I'm not interested in a new phone... *believe what you're saying* I'm not interested in a new phone...

Who am I kidding... of course I am!

My Note 5 has developed a deficiency with WiFi and is disconnecting and reconnecting causing apps to malfunction at inopportune times. Battery life is also starting to fade. Ever since switching to Nougat, this device has been rough around the edges. I hold that true anytime a device upgrades the OS to one it didn't ship with. It's a second thought, and never fully working right.

I'd love a Note 8. I'm still clinging to a Sprint SERO plan, but trying to upgrade a phone while paying contract pricing, and not increasing my bill seems nearly impossible. So, no... I'm not interested, but the possible deterioration of my Note 5 may force my hand. I'm looking at at least $20 of new monthly charges ($240 per year) just by touching my plan. That doesn't include a new handset either. Color me not impressed...

r0k, lelisa13p, Hook and 4 others like this.
  8. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

LL - I know I don't follow Apple real close but I did not hear about a iPhone X was in the works. Will that be a consideration for you?

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p likes this.
  9. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

While the new mega iPhone X has a lot of gee-whiz tech, I'm not excited by it. It looks cool; but 3-D face technology and animojis are more of a turn-off than a turn-on (for me at least).

scjjtt likes this.
  10. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

YES! YES! YES! :newpalm: I always renew my 2-yr contract with AT&T and let them subsidize my purchase, so those details have yet TBD. Pre-orders thru Apple won't even be available until Oct 27th with delivery beginning Nov 3rd. AT&T was a bit later in 2015 for iPhone 6S/Plus and I didn't upgrade last year (iPhone 7) so I don't know how that went. This year there is no "S" release, with iPhone 8/8 Plus filling the gap. I will do whatever I can to get my little hands on the iPhone X (read: Ten) for myself. :vbcool:

RickAgresta, Mi An, Hook and 3 others like this.