Is a new LD coming?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by luigi, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

2. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

My guess is that CompUSA is just trying to free up their space...there is no new Palm devices until next spring.

JC

3. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

A review of the CompUSA website does not show the LifeDrive listed; there are some T3s available for pickup at certain select stores.

Could be that the LifeDrive is no longer being channeled to some B&M stores. I could not find it at OfficeMax, new and refurb are available at Staples, new and full accessory complement available at OfficeDepot ($449!).

4. AlanG

AlanG Mobile Deity

At my local CompUSA there is NO traffic in the Palm area. My local Staples on the other hand always has someone in the Palm section. I don't go to OfficeMax or OfficeDepot.

Alan G

5. RobbM

RobbM Big Shot in the Lab

My local Office Max forces you to walk past the Palm stuff, but nobody stops. They used to have 4 or 5 models on display, including the LD, but now there's only 3 (with the TX being one, but I can't recall the rest).

Let's face it, y'all. The LD is not a hot seller. Folks probably realized that they could get just as much functionality from a TX with a big SD card. I'm sad about it because I'm an LD owner. Oh well. it wouldn't be the first time a favored device of mine fades into oblivion....

6. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

I would suspect that this is just CompUSA purging the Lifedrive from their stocks.

7. Kerryd

Kerryd Mobile Deity

Sounds like you like your LD. I'm a bit divided on mine. I love the look and feel but I do find it a bit sluggish. I was so used to past Palms just being instantaneous its taken a bit to adjust to this. I'm tempted to revert to my TX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.