Is a "Game Maker" game on Palm possible?

Discussion in 'Games (Palm OS)' started by JARED H., Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JARED H.

JARED H. Mobile Enthusiast

I read on Game Maker that they were making games for handhelds. I'm just wondering if this includes Palm. Does anyone know if a .gmk file can be converted to a .prc file? That's probably the way to do it.

2. r0k

r0k Dazed

Welcome to Brighthand, JARED H.

I doubt there is any way to "convert" a gmk to a prc file. Every file on PalmOS has to be either prc or pdb. There is no support for native files. In internal memory that is. It might be possible for Game Maker to release a version of their app that reads gmk files from sd card. I doubt this will happen as there is minimal active development for PalmOS these days. Most active development is targeted at iPhone with Android a distant second. Then comes Symbian. Bringing up the rear are webOS and Windows Mobile. PalmOS development is very minimal with some developers targeting StyleTap, others MotionApps Classic emulator and a few still actively supporting their products on PalmOS. There is also an emulator that runs on a Symbian OS that is made by Access. Windows Phone 7 is an unknown quantity at this time when it comes to third party development. All I know for sure is you can't run Windows Mobile apps on Windows Phone 7 so Microsoft is doing something very similar to what Palm did going from PalmOS to webOS.

I would contact the developer directly and find out what their plans are, but I can't help but think PalmOS isn't even on their radar.

3. nathanpc

nathanpc Mobile Deity

Sorry, but it's impossible. :(

If you want to build real games, then first learn C++, do some work around, read a book about Palm OS development using C++, then you start to write a game for this awesome platform. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.