iPhone's PIM lockdown

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by questionfear, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r0k

r0k Dazed

My son's school uses all Linux boxes and requires the kids to download and use OOO at home. My daughter's school is the one drinking the M$ kool aid. But the entire building is wireless so they've put a lot of work into this. I think they picked M$ 'cuz Apple continues to ignore the tablet form factor and they thought some of the girls could write better than they could type. Don't they know they are talking about teenage GIRLS?!? My daughter piled up 44 pages of text messages in the first 3 days she had her first cell phone. And that was using T9. I bet with qwerty she can do 900 wpm. And the school thinks these kids need tablets. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

2. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Ouch. That's unfortunate, since delicate tablet screens and high schoolers will go oh so well together.

I wonder if they insist on tablets for drawing in geometry or writing out complex equations. That's the only thing I can think of that might give you trouble over a regular laptop, and the one advantage of keeping a small paper notebook in class even with a laptop.

3. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

I can almost guaranty he did more than "just" push down on the lid.

Sounds like when I ask my son how his cell phone got water in it. He said that some 4'-10", 100 lbs. girl "pulled" him over to the pool and pushed him in! My son is almost 6'-1" .... I don't think so!:mad:

4. berylrb

berylrb Mobile Deity

good point! well sites like this mathway.com are pretty easy to use for those 900 wpm kids, LOL!

similiar to equation editor, but one would need MS Office for that, well at least the disk to install, eh?

5. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Give a warning before linking to such a frightening site early in the morning, Berylb! Math equations are not my friend right now, even simple ones.

6. berylrb

berylrb Mobile Deity

Why pray tell what's up dear QF? My undergraduate was mathematics and I used to teach math?

7. r0k

r0k Dazed

Virtual reps to you berylrb for mathway! It will come in handy for my kids' math, one for algebra I and one for calc I... :D:D:D:D:D:D

8. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

just have some formulas i need to learn for a course...all about correlation coefficients and standard deviations. I have a fancy calculator with all kinds of fun buttons, so i am doing my best just to memorize the formulas for recognition, and commit to memory the calculator steps. it's just not my favorite way to spend a Sunday...

9. berylrb

berylrb Mobile Deity

Ah yes, sounds like statistics for behavioral sciences. I had to take it again for my EdD work (Shavelson's 3rd Ed.), whew ... I enjoyed the break from education, anthropolgy and critical hermeneutics. :D

hang in there.

10. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Yikes, that sounds scary! It's actually rate of return, etc calculations, so at least I understand a wee bit of it.

It is giving me flashbacks to symbolic logic in college though. Now that was painful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.