iPhone X versus Galaxy S9 (for move to Verizon)

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by Mitlov, Mar 6, 2018.

?

Which should be my next phone?

1. iPhone X

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Galaxy S9

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I agree with headcronie. The excuse that it makes the device water resistant etc. is not the real reason. I do think that it allows a thinner phone (also not asked for after a certain point) and a bigger battery for a given footprint, since it doesn't have to be a standard size or shape.

RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.
  2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I think the lack of the headphone jack, combined with the lack of USB-C headphones in the box, is just to drive Pixel Buds sales. It's clearly not for waterproofing, as the Galaxy S9 has a higher waterproofing rating despite having a headphone jack. And it's not for thinness, since my S7 Edge is thinner but has a headphone jack.

It's a disappointing move, but not a deal breaker for me when it's a $650 phone that otherwise holds its own against $900 phones, and 2-3 dongles (including one that came with the phone) resolve the issue for me.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    scjjtt, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  3. RossTeagan

RossTeagan Newbie

Staying in the same ecosystem is a plus. However, samsung made it easier to import all data from iphones, so the barrier to switch ecosystems is getting lower.