iPhone X versus Galaxy S9 (for move to Verizon)

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by Mitlov, Mar 6, 2018.

?

Which should be my next phone?

1. iPhone X

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Galaxy S9

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Go with Samsung Mitlov & you can have phone & data along with clean clothes - Apple can't keep your clothes clean.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

but if he goes with Apple, he can visit their main campus and walk into unseen walls...

jigwashere, raspabalsa and scjjtt like this.
  3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Go with Samsung, Apple will never let someone with unwashed clothes into their shiny, clean, transparent campus.

scjjtt, jigwashere and RickAgresta like this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I knew slovenliness had at least one redeeming feature. :vbgrin:

scjjtt, jigwashere and raspabalsa like this.
  5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Buying a new battery with most of these phones with sealed-in batteries, make replacing the battery an iffy proposition at best, so this move didn't really change the calculus. Those people bought new phones for the most part anyway.

6. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Had I the option to change my battery easily, like I had with my Note 4, I'd have kept my devices until they were no longer being security patched. As it stands, trying to replace a battery requires a chance of breaking the device if you try it yourself, taking it to some shady kiosk in a mall, or sending it in.

I for one, never requested water tightness on my device. They preach that, as a means to seal the device, and keep you out, and reducing the chance you'll replace your battery. Plain and simple. Yes, people drop their phones into the pot... But the question remains why you had your device out when you were dangling your nether regions anyway? Why am I being 'sold' a device that is pushed as being the next greatest thing - super water resistant, when what I really want is to replace my damn battery. Forced obsolescence at every turn. Make it difficult to replace the battery. Then yank the OS and patches. Keep em buying devices. Keep the money flowing. *sigh*

guywolffe, scjjtt, ctreeves and 4 others like this.
  7. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

UPDATE

So I'm the worst person in the world to give advice to, because I give you very precise parameters and then ignore them myself. I'm the happy owner of a brand new Pixel 2 XL (black, 128 gb). In the end, it was the incredible camera performance without having to fiddle with manual settings that won me over. And the screen is actually quite good, especially when set to "saturated." I've heard that the screen problems were the worst on the first batches manufactured, and I would believe that. Except for some off-axis blue shift, the screen quality is very comparable to my S7 Edge.

The fact that it was on sale for $650 (for the 128 gb version) certainly didn't hurt.

8. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

You used the forum to process your decision. That's what we're here for. :newpalm: Congratulations on your new phone. I'm looking forward to reading more about it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    lelisa13p, Hook, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  9. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I thought we were here to talk people into buying shiny new toys so we can vicariously enjoy them. :vbwink: :vbrolleyes:

scjjtt, lelisa13p, jigwashere and 4 others like this.
  10. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

This ^ :newpalm:

jigwashere and scjjtt like this.