iPhone 6 on Verizon Prepay

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by Jerry_NJ, May 31, 2016.

1. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Bridgewater mall has a corporate Verizon store-I've never shopped there but they seem nice enough.

Hook, jigwashere and RickAgresta like this.
  2. r0k

r0k Dazed

I took my At&t iPhone 6 to Verizon. The first time I went to their store, the phone was still locked and the Verizon SIM wouldn't work. I went through the painful unlock ritual with At&t and a week and a half later I went back to the same store with the same (but unlocked) phone and it worked. They ported both my iPhone 6 and my iPad mini 3 away from At&t with no problem. I discussed prepay with the Verizon rep and they said the prepay service had access to fewer towers. And I would have needed separate (unshared) buckets of minutes for the iPad and iPhone 6 so I stuck with post pay but I have no contract.

EdmundDantes, Hook and jigwashere like this.
  3. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks, I had no idea the old AT&T prepay at 10 cents a minute is gone, and who knows what for texting (there's the soft spot, AT&T can grandfather the 10C a minute for voice but doubt they have any commitment to include historic texting pricing). In any case, the AT&T service I have is not a option for my friend.

I think the 6 does double duty, a table-like capability with other computer-like capabilities. She doesn't need both, she always has her desktop (about 3 years old and still W7) for any computer functions not provided by the iPhone. I assume iPhone 6, pairs with Bluetooth, thus a full key board can be added as/if needed.

4. Hook

Hook Cat and Mouse and Linux

Verizon does, even with Pre-Pay. However, AT&T Gophone is willing to let you use WiFi-only for data.

jigwashere likes this.