iPhone 2.0 Firmware live!

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by Pupator, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pupator

Pupator Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. RobbM

RobbM Big Shot in the Lab

And realize that installing it this way, you'll have to wipe your iPhone. I'm waiting.

3. Pupator

Pupator Guest

Wipe and then have it immediately restored from the created backup.

4. Pupator

Pupator Guest

Didn't work for me. I got the file downloaded and it's legit. Opened iTunes, held "shift" and clicked on restore, selected the file, and I get "Unknown error occurred (1403)." Uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes 7 and still no go.

I've read a report from at least one other user who has successfully installed this and is running 2.0

Update - tried on my 64bit laptop with the same restore file and no go. Downloading another restore file now to see if that makes a difference.

Update2 - On the 2nd download it's now at 94MB and going - perhaps I didn't get the full file the first time and it really is 225MB.

5. Pupator

Pupator Guest

I can confirm that it has successfully downloaded the full 225MB file. My first download was a misfire for some reason. Installing now and will update this post with results.

Firmware is extracting - so I'm past the error I was getting last time

6. RobbM

I heard you had to hold down OPTION as you clicked on Update in iTunes and it would ask you for the download URL/location. Did you try that?

7. Pupator

Pupator Guest

On the PC it's "Shift." I couldn't get past that before because I had an incomplete file. Now it appears to be restoring the iPhone just fine - though it's taking a while.

8. RobbM

Oh, somehow I thought you were a Machead like me. For Mac its OPTION.

I'm excited for you man! I just don't have the guts when it comes to my gadgets....

9. Pupator

Pupator Guest

I understand, and that's often wise. According to the Help article, my doing a full sync before will prevent me from losing any data (it even backs up call logs and SMSs).

I'll let you know how it turns out -

10. Pupator

Pupator Guest

It finished the upgrade/restore and the first thing it asked was whether or not I wanted to treat this as a few phone or if I wanted to restore from the backup I made this morning.

It took about 60 seconds to restore that backup, then the iPhone restarted. When it came back up I had to sync (to install the 20 apps I downloaded earlier as well as to re-transfer all my music, pictures, and videos). It's doing that now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.