iPhone 13 info, Tom's Guide

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by RickAgresta, Jun 3, 2021.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

iPhone 13 release date, price, specs and leaks By Philip Michaels
    Apple's iPhone 13 is coming this fall — here's what we know so far
    • Four iPhone 13 models at the same iPhone 12 sizes
    • Smaller notch on all four models
    • A15 Bionic chip
    • Possible Touch ID in the display
    • Dynamic 120Hz refresh rates for Pro model displays
    • Improved ultrawide lens on the Pro models
    • Astrophotography feature and portrait mode video
    • Could be called the iPhone 12s instead of the iPhone 13

The iPhone 13 remains several months away from becoming a reality, but there's still a steady drumbeat of rumors about what Apple has planned for this year's models. And all these details trickling out have created a surprisingly complete picture of the iPhone 13, even at this early stage. From everything we've heard so far, the iPhone 13 is set to offer a 120Hz LTPO display on both Pro models, improved battery life thanks to a more efficient 5G modem, and substantial upgrades to the all-important cameras. That includes the possibility a LiDAR sensor on cheaper iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini, as well as a new portrait video mode. The best iPhones you can buy today I'll ditch Android for this iPhone 13 upgrade Here's how the iPhone 13 will fix the iPhone 12's biggest flaws As for the iPhone 13's design, Apple's not planning anything as radical as the new look rumored for the Google Pixel 6, though we have heard that the iPhone's notch will finally shrink on every new model. (And yes, we're expecting four models, just like with the iPhone 12.) Some other rumors have suggested that at least one version of the iPhone 13 may come with a truly portless design (though that prediction is looking shaky). We could finally see an always-on display gracing the iPhone, too. Based on all the rumors and leaks out there already, here's everything we know about the iPhone 13. Latest iPhone 13 news (updated June 3) Do you want a closer look at the iPhone 13 concept designs? Well, Jon Prosser has made CAD files for a mocked-up iPhone 13 available to download. Perhaps you could be the next person to create an iPhone 13 render. All the iPhone 13 models will feature sensor-shift stabilization, which had been limited to the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Speaking of camera features, we've rounded up the top iPhone 13 camera additions and what they'll mean for your photos. Apple's A15 Bionic chip is tipped to be in production hinting that the iPhone 13 may be back on track for a September showcase.

Link:
    https://www.tomsguide.com/news/iphone-13-release-date-price-specs-leaks

scjjtt and Mi An like this.
  2. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I know I'm probably in the minority, but aesthetically, I think a thin bar/bezel across the top is better than having any kind of notch. Those little screen areas on either side of the notch don't really serve any kind of purpose that I can see.

raspabalsa, scjjtt and Mi An like this.
  3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Areas on both sides of notch, AT&T iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Locked. Areas on Both Sides of Notch_Locked 2021-06-03.jpg

Unlocked. Areas on Both Sides of Notch_Unlocked 2021-06-03.jpg

scjjtt, Hook and Mi An like this.
  4. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

I remember reading a while ago that 12 mini sales were maybe disappointing to the point of discontinuing the model, hope the rumor above is true instead and there will be many more generations of minis ahead.

scjjtt, lelisa13p and Hook like this.
  5. lelisa13p

Although I always go big because my old eyes aren't what they used to be. :vbwink:

6. EdmundDantes

Lelisa, I'm not sure what you are trying to say. That's my point, The notch leaves two little 'coves' of screen space. I'm not sure what the point of that space is.

Are your photos of what the new model looks like? I can't see any notch.

scjjtt likes this.
  7. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Initially I think the coves were to help train people how to use the new notification shade. Before, it was up for settings and then down for notifications, now it's swipe down on the right for settings and swipe down on the left for notifications. The notch dividing it helps give it a visual.

8. EdmundDantes

Thanks QF, that makes a lot of sense.

Anything on those photos? I can't see the coves.

scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.
  9. lelisa13p

Oh, sorry. In the left area (cove) the time is displayed. In the right area (cove) are the cellular signal display, Wi-Fi signal display and the battery indicator. I use black wallpapers and that effectively disguises the center notch so that I'm not bothered by it. Everywhere else, I ignore it and don't even notice.

scjjtt, RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  10. EdmundDantes

I get it. The way the photos were cropped, I didn't realize it wasn't actually showing the notch in the middle.

scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.