iPaq Ordering Page, now $399.99 shipping 10/8

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by techfan, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techieguy

Techieguy Mobile Deity

I will buying one for sure whenever its released. Don't mind waiting if it to improve the device. 4" screen no gps / phone ( prefer to chose my own thank you very much ) what is there not to like.

I am finally making the jump from Palm to Windows Mobile ( palmsource "read ACCESS" has dropped the ball with its new os and no news of its new os thats linux with a palm like shell being released any time soon )

2. Andriash

Andriash Mobile Deity

Well, I have to take issue with that statement.;) It is obvious at the moment that HP does NOT know what they are doing, and in terms of "screwing the people", what would you call a Manufacturer who takes orders and charges Customers bank accounts on a promise of delivery for a device that HP now says will not be shipped until at least Q1 2008? :eek:

3. TimothyP

TimothyP Mobile Deity

Agreed. Not only did they not ship the item when they said they would, they have not fully replaced the money back in my account. Now i have to make calls to find out whats going on. They need to get their act together and remove the shipping date from their website and dont take any pre-orders till at least December.

4. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Well, if the delay is due to a sort of "recall", or maybe improvement to 210, maybe that's not too bad. Hopefully, waiting few more weeks or months, will bring to the costumers a better unit, with less complaints.

If I'm allowed a suggestion, I'd like to see implemented, or at least optionally available, a video out function.

Luigi

5. webstie.id

webstie.id Mobile Enthusiast

Q1 2008 ? Is it calendar year or HP's financial quater. HP's Q1 2008 is from Nov 2007 to Jan 2008

Haneef

6. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Who knows! Actually, neither HP knows that, according from the contrasting reports of fellows here...

I would bet, though, that they will launch it before Christmas.

Luigi

7. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

That's a very good question, Haneef.

8. Rumpel

Rumpel Mobile Enthusiast

I contacted HP Holland today. The rep wasn't able to find out much on his first search, besides that it isn't available yet, and promised to call me back later.

Unfortunately I was at uni when he called back, so my father took the call. He was told the 214 would be on sale at the end of the year. He also told my father about a webshop where you can enter your email address and receive an email when it's available.

I had already done this, since it was the webshop I want to buy the 214 from. Interestingly the shop lists the 214, but only the UK version, not the NL (Dutch) version. So I decided to call them. They told me that the know *almost* for certain that they will get the UK version this month and the NL version in November.

I don't mind getting the UK version if that's released soon. But I have decided to wait, even if it's released at the end of the year. Because I know I will regret it when I get another one.

Bianca

9. TimothyP

TimothyP Mobile Deity

Oh well, theres nothing anyone can do about it. Just have to wait till its released. I will still get one when/if they come out. Just hope its worth the wait. I hope they are adding some new features, maybe even more memory, and (highly doubt this one) a jog wheel.

10. Techieguy

Techieguy Mobile Deity

A jog wheel would really really be appreciated i am in love with this interface since the clie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.