iPaq Ordering Page, now $399.99 shipping 10/8

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by techfan, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andriash

Andriash Mobile Deity

Well, it's Monday, October 15th...the day HP claim their iPAQ 210's will be shipping to those that have already paid. Has anyone yet received confirmation that their Units have indeed been shipped?:confused:

I sure hope so, because if I have to wait until Q1 2008, I think I will already have made the move to a converged device...either the iPAQ Business Communicator, or the HTC TyTN II.

Nick

2. TimothyP

TimothyP Mobile Deity

I called this morning and spoke with someone named Luz (I made sure to get her name in case i had to call back later), and she told me something that none of the other reps i spoke with have told me. She said that my order is listed as being processed today but she did not have the tracking information as of yet. She said i will be receiving this email later this afternoon. I checked my account and the charges have not been fully withdrawn. I highly doubt the units will ship. If i hear nothing by the 22nd, i will cancel my order.

3. bj3john4

bj3john4 New i760 owner

Well, somehow I ended up on the phone with Ed again... the same rep I spoke with last Tuesday. He told me that everything has now been pushed back toward the end of this year and would not be more specific. He did ask if I had an existing order and said credit card orders were on "soft hold" but had not been charged. Seems from stories here that may differ with debit cards. He said that the 100's and 200's and possibly 300's should ship by the end of this year and had been pushed back for "more testing". That was the first time I had heard that comment.

Timothy, this seems to be in stark contrast to what you were told. Maybe since you already placed an order you are going to get one sooner??? :confused:
    We can only hope.

I did fill out a customer service survey and blasted them on this process of misinformation and confusion. This doesn't seem like the behavior of a global entity like HP, but perhaps I am just being naïve.

4. TimothyP

TimothyP Mobile Deity

I dont understand why the reps are giving different information to people that call and ask for an update? Where are they getting this information from (from Oct 22nd to Q1 2008)? Everytime i call it seems as though the rep is checking her/his computer and telling me the information they are reading on the screen. Like i said, one more week and the order will be cancelled. And i certainly hope they dont take days to fully refund my money back into my account. Where can i fill out one of these Customer Service surveys?

5. bj3john4

bj3john4 New i760 owner

:)
    It just popped up last time I visited the site so of course I obliged them. ED did mention Q1 2008 but according to him this was only in reference to the new 500 & 600 series. I wasn't familiar with them. These are smartphones?

6. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Mobile Deity

It's beginning to look like that 64MB wasn't a misprint; that they've gone back to engineering and manufacturing to make the ones that come out be 128MB.

7. TimothyP

TimothyP Mobile Deity

Ok, so i guess its official. I just spoke with someone again and they told me it has been pushed back to January 2008 (she reviewed the progress of my earlier call). I cancelled my order and highly doubt i will purchase this device when/if it becomes available. HP has just joined the ranks of Verizon in my book.

8. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Well, I'd say all tohse guys are the same. I always complain ofbad support here in Mexico, not only from electronics/computer -selling companies, or stores such as Office Depot, Office Max, etc., but from everybody offering and vending something. Telcel, our Verizon-like company, also has a very bad reputation (joined with very high prices, poor cover, etc.).
    I'm a bit happier now, looking at you guys, with same problems. Or, maybe, should I be scaried by such kind of globalization?

Luigi

9. Rumpel

Rumpel Mobile Enthusiast

The information I'm getting here in Holland is conflicting.
    On one hand more and more sites (even some retail stores) most of which list the 214 as either "coming soon", have specific dates ranging from next Tuesday to 5 November or say that the it is expected in about 2 weeks/10 work days.

On the other hand today I found out HP has removed it from the PDA list and you can only find it when using the search option.

I've emailed HP repeatedly over the past weeks, but they never answer (probably because I refuse to tick the box consenting to them and their "partners" emailing me about new products and special offers).

I would really like to get the 214, but I'm not sure I want to wait much longer, but I can't find another PDA that has everything I want.

10. davidbec

davidbec Mobile Deity

I think we all need to just relax and take a deep breath. HP said that they are going to release this device. How about we just wait for it.

There are other manufacturers out there who are not releasing anything and others who are releasing things and screwing the people who buy them. So let's be patient and wait. HP knows what they are doing ok.

Be glad that at least you have something to look forward to which is not going to get cancelled.

Just chill. You will get one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.