iPaq Ordering Page, now $399.99 shipping 10/8

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by techfan, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimothyP

TimothyP Mobile Deity

Palm de-ja-vu.

2. Jimmieppc

Jimmieppc Gadget Powerhouse

It's safe to order now, or just wait until HP get their stuff together..

The shipping date keep changing from one day to another.. I wait..

3. TimothyP

TimothyP Mobile Deity

But the fact still remains that they are taking the money from accounts as soon as the orders are placed without a definite ship date. Thats not fair to the customers. Even if they say the money isnt really withdrawn until the item is shipped, this can cause serious confusion to customers and the banks. Because after checking my statement, it doesnt look like its an unreconciled transaction. It looks like a complete transaction, although it is in the Pending Transactions section. They should pick a date and stick to it. Not change it everyday.

4. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

I guess that, if you pay with a debit card, they have to withdraw money right away.
    I would not order, anyway, until they do not specify a true release date. In some other thread I readed that somebody at hp told they would have released the 210 until 1Q 2008...

Luigi

5. TimothyP

TimothyP Mobile Deity

Q1 of 2008? And they are taking orders and deducting money now. I seriously doubt HP would get themselves in trouble like that.

Edit: Just spoke with a rep. He has no idea when the items will ship. he says the date posted is just an estimate. I asked "does back ordered mean you ran out or they havent arrived as of yet?". He said the warehouse did not receive them yet. He is going to contact the warehouse to find out exactly when the devices will ship. He said i should be receiving an email about it. I wont hold my breath. he seemed pretty nervous. Im guessing if enough people call in and ask questions, something good should happen. I hope.

6. TimothyP

TimothyP Mobile Deity

Just got this Auto Response from HP. I will give them a few days before i decide to cancel the order.

Dear Customer ,

Due to a delay in fulfilling your order, it may miss the estimated ship date that
    was on your original order confirmation. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

We understand your current selection is your first choice. However, it may be possible
    to ship available items separately or change one or more of the items on your order
    to expedite shipment. Please contact us by replying to this email or by calling
    800-888-0292 (option 4), if you would like to make any adjustments to your order.

We will contact you again with an updated status of your order if it has not shipped
    within ten days of this notice. If you are unable to wait for shipment, you may
    cancel your order by replying to this email or calling 800-888-0292 (option 4).

Thank you for choosing Hewlett-Packard for your technology needs. We appreciate
    your business and value you as a customer.

*Note: This email is generated automatically based on the estimated ship date communicated
    to you on your order confirmation. Due to the timing of this email it may still
    be possible for HP to meet this date.

Sincerely,

HP SMB Customer Service

7. 99thpercentile

99thpercentile Mobile Enthusiast

I'm on the phone with HP right now and they say it will ship Monday.

8. TimothyP

TimothyP Mobile Deity

of course thats what they are saying, thats 2 business days from now. On Monday, they will say Wednesday, on Wednesday it will be Friday and so forth.

9. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

What's actually funny, is that it looks that EACH different fellow contacted to HP, will give a complete different suggestion, or shipping date in this case. Or simply, they are saying something just...to say!
    THis happens with Palm, Dell, HP, etc. I've never find any company that has a useful chat, or phone, support. Do they really think all the costumers are stupid?
    Maybe it's the time to do something...

Luigi

10. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

I suppose it's a good sign for HP that so many people are interested in when the things are going to ship, but they REALLY need to fix this problem with the dates, otherwise they're going to honk off their potential customers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.