Ipaq 110 is in backorder

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by voyagerxxx, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

No, they shouldn't. But HP's site has been so screwed up through this whole thing that I'm not really surprised by it.

2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

HP's site appears to lack the ability to list something as a pre-order with an unknown shipping date. It's rather surprising that a large company like this could have such an obvious hole in its ecommerce set up. This situation crops up all the time, and HP needs to be able to handle it.
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. voyagerxxx

voyagerxxx PDA friendly

I really think it is not case of site problem. I think they do this on purpose.
    I have just cancelled my order. Gosh! I have returned my A626 thinking that I would have my 110 on Friday (I have paid overnight Fedex). No PDA right now and I really need it. I keep making two appointments for the same day and time and have to call latter to fix it. I hate this situation. :(

4. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Voyager, might I suggest you to buy a paper notepad, as in the old days?

Luigi

5. voyagerxxx

voyagerxxx PDA friendly

lol
    I have tried this but does not work for me. The notepad I keep forgetting at home.

6. voyagerxxx

voyagerxxx PDA friendly

7. Barry Rau

Barry Rau Mobility!!

Here is the interesting thing, if you follow the link in the post from voyagerxxx, the buy button is there (at least at the moment) but if you are just browsing from the HP site it only has "Comming Soon" so HP may have taken some steps to prevent further orders without a proper ship date. it is unfortunate that they processed any orders with no product in hand but then this not a first either.

Cheers
    BR

8. voyagerxxx

voyagerxxx PDA friendly

Hi Barry,

I remember you from 2001 years... How are you doing?
    The buy button is always there, and you can always buy it. This page was always this way. I made my order from there. I know there are other pages without this button and I have no idea why they do have two or three pages. I got this link from googling ipaq 110 and bought it. Only, and just only after reading few posts here that I realized that I was not going to receive any product... After few days seing my shipping date changing always for two days more, as the folks here had explained to me, I have decided to cancel my oder. But I am pretty upset with the fact that I bought and ask for overnight fedex shipping and return my Asus thinking I was going to receive my PDA three days after.

9. Barry Rau

Barry Rau Mobility!!

Hey voyagerxxx,
    I am doing ok, been very busy and not as active in the comunity as I used to be but still a driving force :) I am very excited by the new iPAQs and am not 100% sure what model I want. the PDA only versions are very nice. but I have become spoiled by gps enabled PDAs (I am actually on a hw6945 currently, with some tweaks) I also have a T-Mobile Wing for WM6 goodness. I will have to wait for the new iPAQ goodness :cool:

Cheers
    BR

10. vrk

vrk Mobile Enthusiast

Does anyone out there have a sense of how the IPAQ 110 will match up with the ASUS A626. My Sony SJ30 is starting to drive me nuts and I may have to pull the plug and buy something soon and the only other candidate for me is the ASUS (unless I go Palm TX but I think I have convinced myself not to go that route).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.