IP is Becoming an Asus Zealot! Asus ZenWatch 3

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by internetpilot, Dec 1, 2017.

1. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Forgot to update this. I received the Zenwatch 3 back from Asus in just a little over a week. I was actually on a cruise for like 9 more days while it sat on my front porch. Anyway, judging by the paperwork they included, it looks like they replaced the mainboard in it as well as the battery. So it was back on the original Wear 1.x, it did almost immediately update to Wear 2.x, and is now working like new. It still can take holding your mouth just right to get charger to actually charge the watch, but I encountered that issue from time to time on the Zenwatch 2 & 3, as well as the Huawei Watch 2 Classic (for the brief time I had it). I think that's a pretty standard experience with all smartwatches with that magnetic charger connection.

I'm still kinda "over" it though. I wear it sometimes, but I also wear my other dumb watches about as much, too. I doubt I'll get another smartwatch if this one dies again.