iOS 11 thoughts?

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by Mitlov, Jun 7, 2017.

1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Easily accomplished in iOS 10 (and even earlier, IIRC), along with some other common tasks, by swiping the Control Panel up from the bottom of the screen, even when the device is locked. :vbsmile:

2. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Ha! Yeah, I just told him that and he gave me a "No duh" look, but he didn't always know about it either. I touch that thing as little as possible.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Turning wifi on/off is as simple as swiping from the bottom of the screen and clicking the wifi icon. On Android, you swipe from the top. Slightly different action, but same convenience.

I still prefer Android, but I wish I would've gotten my dad an iPhone.

EDIT: DANG....I'm slow...:(

4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

JISS :vbwink:

5. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

I just switched to an iPhone for work reasons. It's been a weird transition but I am getting used to it. Some things are similar, some things i think I am still faster on Android. But the learning curve isn't that bad and I will say this-the "Move to iOS" app they put out for Android was excellent, it moved all my photos and texts and even matched 2/3rds of my free apps with free apps from the App Store so I didn't have to reinstall every single app.

6. Guest

Guest Has Bad Feeling About This Super Moderator

I'm excited about it. One of the most common complaints about iOS is how hard it is to just copy or download files to a device, and Files may finally alleviate that.

One thing that has barely gotten any attention is that Apple is reportedly giving developers access to NFC for the first time, which I actually think has the potential to be a huge improvement.

I thought it was odd that Apple gave so much attention to VR when there are pretty much no VR devices that are compatible with macOS or iOS, and they did not make explicit announcements about changing that.

RickAgresta and lelisa13p like this.