Introducing our new community manager

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by Lee Schlesinger, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylehca

kylehca Mobile Deity

Welcome Lee!!

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

thanx, hc! fwiw, I blame it on the Mobile2 skin....

3. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

*Nod* I figured that is what it was. Signatures don't post when in mobile mode. ;)

4. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Big welcome, Lee! :)

OK, you've been warned of the critters that lurk on these hallways, as of the rest there's pretty much a healthy and joyful community. And before anybody else posts otherwise, I am a normal guy :p

Yes, there has been a chain of issues with the board, that I think that started months ago with some upgrade to the vBulletin software. The local behavior is pretty much a matter of chance, and Ed, (formerly) Andrew, and other admin/mods have been frantically tweaking on it. Yet, if you ask me to mention just one major improvement badly needed, just like Varjak I'd say Search. As long as that one works, the rest is gravy.

Moreover, some time ago, a major makeover on the site rendered old threads un-searchable, or only searchable by the most savvy members. All this place is a tremendous knowledge base that shouldn't be kept disfunctional. This site has a prestige to the point that when several inquiries arise in other boards, they are referred here, i.e. LifeHacker and THE VERY Palm Support site (for all things).

It's good to see a new member of the admin/mod team :)

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Hello, Lee! You haven't been active on the site since 2/14 with only 11 posts since you joined 1/20. A couple of those posts relate to introductin/welcoming you to the site and a few to Android issues. What's your position again and how are you fulfilling it?

Actually, now that I look, your profile says you have 11 posts, but when I click the link to view all your posts, I only see 7.

This site has issues.

6. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Lee has 11 posts, and you can only see 7 of them, as the remaining posts are in the Admin / Moderator only area. Lee is a position above Super Moderator in regards to site permissions.

7. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

thaks for the clarification, hc....or thanks, your call...:rolleyes: