Introducing our new community manager

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by Lee Schlesinger, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee Schlesinger

Lee Schlesinger Brighthand Community Manager

Hi, forum users. I'm Lee Schlesinger, the new community manager for Brighthand.com. I'm here to work the moderators to facilitate discussion, help you communicate with our editors and vice versa, and keep the place free of spam comments and other unpleasantness.

What can I do to make your experience here more productive and enjoyable? And what about the site itself, brighthand.com? How can we make it more useful for you?

2. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Welcome, Lee. Is this a new position or are you replacing someone? I think you'll find things work pretty smoothly here in part due to the great moderators we have and also the great community here. We tend to like keeping things civil, having fun with each other, helping folks that need it, especially new folks, and reporting spammers. ;)

I'm not sure we are manageable, however. :rolleyes:

3. Lee Schlesinger

It's a new position. And I've heard great things about the moderators, which is bound to make my job easier. Thanks for the welcome.

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

hello, Lee, and welcome. other than reiterate what Hook just said, if there is a way to restore the interface to how well it worked prior to the server upgrade that'd be great. the thread discussing this can be found in this same forum:

http://forum.brighthand.com/site-suggestions-help-announcements/279651-site-issues-since-saturday.html

in a nutshell, some of us (myself, Hook, lelisa13p and jigwashere, not sure who else) are forced to use Brighthand.com Mobile 2 skin, otherwise the complete page doesn't load in its entirety. for Hook and myself, this happens only at work; not sure about anyone else.

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Welcome, Lee! Have you been warned about the closet in the breakroom?

6. Lee Schlesinger

Ha, no, but since I'm based in Florida (79 degrees outside right now) it might be a moot point.

7. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Fixed the broken link by RA. :)

8. r0k

r0k Dazed

Welcome Lee! Don't eat the brownies in the breakroom. Rumor has it they were left there by IX!

9. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

<Joe-Boy stumbles out of the broom closet, drops his blankie, and wanders over to the not-recently-cleaned bean bag, whereupon he plops himself down...>

Welcome aboard, Lee! :newpalm: I think you'll find most of us BHooligans a lot of fun, if sometimes a little excitable. Just remember to always bring snacks, especially for the BHOT B-Day Parties.

Oh, and don't worry about those strange noises from down the hall. That's just the spam bucket we tossed out back. :eek:

<Joe-Boy manages to get off the filthy beanbag chair and, upon realizing just HOW dirty it was, heads off rather abruptly for a shower...>

10. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Biggest ongoing technical issue I and others seem to have mentioned is:

SEARCH.

Please look into making the search function more user-friendly, efficient, and accurate. It comes up frequently.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.