Internetpilot's Newer Toys - Reconditioned NookColor (x2)

Discussion in 'Netbooks, Tablets, Slates and eReaders' started by internetpilot, Oct 20, 2011.

1. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Alrighty...I survived the $0.10 Android Market sale, and got ALL...THOSE...APPS... loaded on all FOUR Nook Color devices that I've converted to tablets for my two youngest children, as well as their two cousins. The end product? AWESOME. Absolutely no regrets. These tablets are perfect for the kids they are going to, and frankly, I suspect their bro/sis-in-law will use them a lot as well. I have all four set up with 32GB micro SD cards, loaded with movies I converted with DVD Catalyst (highly recommend that app for any mobile product that you want to watch a movie on), a ton of music, and LOADED with all kinds of free and 10-cent apps.

It did take me a while to configure everything just right. I kept going in circles, because just I thought I had one of the devices out of "BETA", two or three Nooks later I'd discover something else and I'd have to go back and reconfigure all the others.

Should be a great Christmas for four lucky kids!

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

My son will get his Nook Color tonight, too. We'll dual boot from microSD for a short time, but I'll have him set up with a flashed ROM w/in a few days. Unfortunately, the .10 apps will only be on my Nook Color, but for the most part, that's okay. I also have a 32GB microSD card that will probably end up on his device for his movies, music, and most importantly -- audio books.

3. internetpilot

All four Nook Colors are HUGE hits! They also received several PS3, Nintendo DS and Wii games as well, but far more time has been spent on the NCs! I highly recommend this solution for a tablet for kids or adults.

4. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

Sounds Like a VERY Meryy Christmas at the IP House! :newpalm: Glad everyone liked them.

My brother got his daughter one as well (3rd-4th Grade). Says she really likes her's as well!

5. internetpilot

We had a friend come to town for New Years and when we took the wife's and my cars in for servicing at our trusty Toyota dealership, we walked out of there 8 hours later with 3 more vehicles (a new one for the friend, a used one for the friend's daughter, and a used one to replace our daughter's older vehicle). The last time I took my car in for service, I ended up leaving with a new car (rather than fix the old one). It's now a joke that when the Pilot family goes into the dealership for an oil change, alert the sales staff!

Anyway, my two poor younger kids (9 & 10 years old) were stuck there the whole time. Thankfully, they brought their Nintendo DS XLs and their new Nook Colors, and they were ran the battery down completely on the Nook Colors, playing games and doing a little web surfing the entire time. They connected just fine to the dealership's free WiFi and connected even better to my HTC EVO's WiFi hotspot (hack).

Loving Android, loving the Nook Colors, loving life! ;)