Internetpilot's Newer Toys - Reconditioned NookColor (x2)

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by internetpilot, Oct 20, 2011.

1. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

Sounds great IP!! Glad it is working out for you. If I understand you, it sounds like the rooting you have done has turned the NC into more of a Tablet than just an eReader?

i've always loved the 7" size of the NC and the BB PlayBook. Just seems like a great "carry anywhere" size.

2. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Aww I did nothing...just carefully followed other peoples instructions and hard work.

I agree with you w/r/t stock NOOK...it's basically ereader+, which is fine for many people...and for those who want more, there's CM7.

3. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

It's completely a tablet now. It's actually a shame that B&N isn't releasing these with the ability to live up to their full potential. It's kinda a waste of what is apparently excellent hardware. Not that I consider it a waste per se when people just use it as an eReader, but I think B&N could've cut WAY back on hardware if their goal was to just put out a simple eReader device.

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Glad I could help! ;)

5. internetpilot

Sure you did -- you brought to my attention, and clearly that was enough! I've actually been aware that the NookColor can be converted into a tablet for a few months now, but it wasn't until several people here on my trusted Brighthand hangout did it that I knew it was worth looking into.

I don't care how active other device forums are -- if it's not being discussed on Brighthand, it's not worth being discussed! ;) ("Welcome to Brighthand!")

6. internetpilot

BIG HELP! :newpalm: (Thanks again!)

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

There are other device forums? :confused:

8. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

The date for the NC2 has been announced, 11/7. I'm interested to see what happens to the prices of NC1s when it hits the streets.

Waiting can be a neverending game if you get carried away, but if anyone is thinking of plunging in after jig et al, it might be worth waiting a week.

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Thanks to you, IP, I installed the Nook software on CM7 and managed to configure it to my son's liking. If this holds up, I might have to install CM7 to internal memory like you. One advantage to Android Nook vs B&N Nook: read books in portrait or landscape. One disadvantage: My daughter's "read to me" books won't work. :( (a temporary setback)

10. Stryker

Stryker Mobile Deity

How did I miss this thread... :)

Might need some troubleshooting help. Got a boot loop twice after rooting. Seems related to Flash auto-updating. I went the root rout. Are you guys satisfied with the dual-boot option?