Internet problem

Discussion in 'HTC Touch / Verizon XV6900' started by Le Enfente Orange, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Le Enfente Orange

Le Enfente Orange Newbie

I recently got an XV 69000 on Verizon without paying for a data plan. I also have a netbook with Windows XP and Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat. I having been using a computer with Windows Vista to sync music to my phone and access Internet services, and I recently discovered that I can access the Internet through Ubuntu. However, since accessing the Internet using Ubuntu my phone has started downloading data even when not connected, although this is only when my phone is activated near my computer. Now when I look at my Comms manager it shows what looks like a minute counter, as though I am actually accessing Verizon data. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Could it be that Ubuntu is wirelessly syncing my phone with the Internet?

2. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Most likely, there's something on your phone that is automatically trying to get online. Might be Exchange Sync, might be something else. The easiest way to insure you don't have any problems is to call Verizon and ask them to put a data block on your account. That prevents your phone from connecting to the internet via their service even by accident.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.