Internet connection

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by Jason Moorash, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Jason Moorash

Jason Moorash Mobile Enthusiast

Help!
    Trying to connect to internet:
    Linksys ea9500:
    Can connect to router in guest mode but get no page load in blazer. Router has password for guest mode but palm won’t let me connect. If I set palm to open I connect but can’t get pages to open.
    I have router to accept wpa but that’s not helping..
    I wonder if router won’t allow me to connect cuz it may not connect to “b” router has g and n but I do have router set to mixed.
    Not sure what to do next

2. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

I never had any luck with an n router in mixed mode with my TX (you should identify which Palm you are using, but I'm guessing TX). b/g mixed mode worked fine.

If you are really want to connect your Palm to the internet, you may need an older router, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Wifi syncing was wonderful, but everything else is so much better for the internet than a Palm and blazer. JMHO, of course.

RickAgresta, scjjtt, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  3. Jason Moorash

Hook,
    Yes it’s a tx...thought about getting another play router but then thought is it really worth it. I tried installing opera mini but it’s just stuck installing...have to reset the tx..so you don’t really use internet on the palm?

4. Hook

No, I have an android phone and an Android tablet for that. However, I want to point out I never did it much way back when the TX was my only hand held. Even in it's heyday, it was horrible. Palm had never been properly designed as a connected OS and wifi was really pushing the limits of the kludges they used to get it. It was just never worth it... in those days, I just waited until I could get to my laptop. :vbwink:

RickAgresta, scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.
  5. Jason Moorash

What do you do with your tx now?

RickAgresta likes this.
  6. Hook

Mostly, I play Astroware games on it. :vbgrin: And I fiddle with it for old times sake.

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I still keep my DateBk6 Calendar up to date. Unlike iOS Calendar that limits Search results to the previous 12 months, I can find any entry on my 2 TXs from as far back as Feb 2003, when I first started up with PDAs, specifically Palm. :vbsmile:

And I play Astraware games on it. :vbgrin: And old PopCap games (my faves.) :thumbsup:

8. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I'm not sure what specs your router has, but for a while, I plugged in an old D-Link router into the ethernet port in the back of my main router (provided by FiOS) and had that set up to broadcast b/g. The main router broadcasts N and .ac. Then I have both worlds. Unfortunately, Blazer on a Lifedrive doesn't work on any sites for the most part anymore. I do still keep a few databases up to date on my Lifedrive because I've been too lazy to transfer them over.

RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.