Installing apps on our BlackBerry devices

Discussion in 'Blackberry' started by TurnerPublic, Apr 8, 2014.

1. TurnerPublic

TurnerPublic Newbie

My company has been rolling out BlackBerry devices but we've come to notice that apps don't transfer over when we do a device swap. We need to know if there's a way we can download more apps to our users' phones without having them sign into BlackBerry World and all of that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Welcome to Brighthand, TurnerPublic! :)

There aren't a lot of BB users here these days so you may need to go someplace like Crackberry (but come back... we're more fun.) I have a work issued BB and generally enterprises lock down their BlackBerrys, just as you report. No BB World store, no ability to add apps. They do come with a small number of apps, like DocsToGo, which I assume have been licensed by the enterprise and are part of a ROM image pushed by the enterprise to all units. It sounds like that is the case in your shop.

Because the lockdown for my device is so complete, I actually don't know if there are other places to get BB apps. :eek: As for whether your enterprise condones that, I will leave that to you. ;)

lelisa13p likes this.