Install Windows media Mobile Skins

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Windows Mobile)' started by AZ-TE, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZ-TE

AZ-TE Audiophile

I have a LG Incite with Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro. It has Windows Media Player Mobile 10. I am not overly fond of the look of media player mobile 10, so I decided to get a different skin.

I found a skin I like, however I can not for the life of me get media player mobile to see the skin. I have the skin folder placed in the "Program Files\Windows Media PLayer" directory on the unit. When I go into "Options" and "Skins" Windows Media just displays "Searching for skins" After an hour it is still searching for skins.

Thanks for your help.

2. AZ-TE

AZ-TE Audiophile

I think I am pretty well going to give up on trying to skin Media Player Mobile, as there does not appear to be an obivous way to do that in my case.

3. AZ-TE

AZ-TE Audiophile

Helpfull tip for those LG Incite owners:

The skins for the Windows Media Player must be WQVGA. Meaning the must have the dimensions of 240x400 for portrait and 400x240 for landscape.

I hope this will help others.

4. april09

april09 Mobile Enthusiast

Thank you for share. A friend of mine has LG Incite and wants to change the skin, maybe I could tell her.

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, april09. :)

Not to ignore your friend, but what handheld device do you have?

6. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

I'll have to admit, I've never tried to skin Windows Media Player Mobile, mostly because I try to avoid using it whenever possible. It's marginal at best.

-

7. april09

april09 Mobile Enthusiast

I get HTC diamond and SE X1. Is there any problem?

8. AZ-TE

AZ-TE Audiophile

The shouldn't be, HTC is very well supported. There are a plethora of tweaks for those devices. The Incite is a little bit of an odd-ball, and was not all that well received. Though, I do like mine; it just had more of a learning curve than what I am used to. :)

I have gotten Media Player Mobile to be quite functional. Though I must admit, I do miss Pocket Tunes on my TX. However, I do not miss it enough to buy another license.