Infamous m105 issues!

Discussion in 'm100 series' started by iamor, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamor

iamor Newbie

Hello!
    I've been a visitor to your site for over a year now. I never registered or posted anything because I've always found answers to my problems in your forums. However, now I have an issue I didn't find an answer for ,so I have joined the league of frustrated m105 owners. I recently had the problem that my hotsync wouldn't, so, in reading I found that maybe updating my version might help. That it did! After updating my handheld to v3.51 and then doing a hotsync and all is well again! So thank you so much for all your great insight and help.
    Now I have discovered 3 applications on my desktop that are not on my handheld and I don't know how to get them on there. I've hotsynced and even added info to the Expense application to see if then my unit would detect it, but nothing. So if anyone knows how I can get at least the Expense application on to my handheld I would really appreciate it. Of course I would also like to have the Photos and Voice Memo on there but I can live without them, but I reeeally need the expenses on there. Also I don't know if I need to update to a higher version or not? Thanks again I think you guys are awesome! :confused:
  2. SGosnell

SGosnell Palm Pilot

The apps you mentioned only come on more modern Palms. There is no way I know of to put them on your M105. They live in ROM, and there is no flash ROM on that model.
  3. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Moderator Super Moderator

You won't find the file on here, but if you do a google search on expense.prc, I'm sure you might find something. I've no idea if it will work or not.
  4. iamor

iamor Newbie

Thanks for the info! ;)
  5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Moderator Super Moderator

And Welcome to Brighthand, iamor. :)
  6. AK47

AK47 Professional Loiterer

See if the folder on your hard drive containing the files for your copy of Palm Desktop has a file called expense.prc in it.
  7. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Hello iamor, welcome to BrightHand :D:D:D

Alternatively, checkout www.freewarepalm.com, it has quite a few expense replacement applications ;)
  8. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome from the the outside, iamor!

You must understand that the Palm desktop versions that are available for download may have features not compatible with the handheld. The downloads are generic and contain no enhancements transferred to the handheld either. Between the Palm Handheld and the Desktop, the handheld features are all you will have unless third party solutions are found.

Palm Knowledge Library Soution ID:634 explains why mail and Expense not present.
  9. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Welcome to Brighthand, iamor.
  10. SGosnell

SGosnell Palm Pilot

Actually, you can get the Palm Desktop with Expense in it here. In the dropdown just above the Download button, select the file you want - it's not clear, but one is the Windows desktop with Expense, one is the Mac with Expense, and the other two are without Expense. You'll still need expense.prc on the Palm.
  11. zire102001

zire102001 Newbie

i uploaded it to another thread and it should/might work with ur handheld and the post is in the palm III forums. :)
  12. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Moderator Super Moderator

That attachment has been removed and is not allowed by Forum rules.