(in)compatible software ipaq 210 211 214

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by ceril, Apr 15, 2008.

1. wingman2000

wingman2000 Mobile Consultant

I use Webis Mail Version 2.11 (Build 4187) without any problems. I also have tried nearly all versions of Flexmail 2007 / FM4 before, but only the older Webis Mail 2 works flawless on the ipaq.

2. ceril

ceril Mobile Evangelist

thanks wingman2000 for the update. I have updated the list on the basis of your post

3. BigVoice

BigVoice Mobile Deity

SPB Backup - the actual application works and is not reported to "crash" the system, but rather using the backups to restore system has been reported to cause "Unrecognized Card in Socket 1" error

(resco backup has been reported as working well however do not "restore" from backup made from completely different device - has led one poster on aximsite to damage which mandated him to replace his unit. see sprite 6.2 below)

Some good news about spb backup. I have asked spb about their progress in resolving the CF card driver problem and they said they have now fixed the bug and the official release will soon be released. You may have a look at spb forum.

4. OneHandClapping

OneHandClapping Where is my Zen?

Resco Backup version 1.20 hangs when you try to restore. Resco knows of this issue, and there is a unofficial newer version that has fixed this on other devices. I am waiting for a response from resco, and will see if it works to fix this issue on the 210. I will update this post when I find out.

5. BigVoice

BigVoice Mobile Deity

I have solved the problem of having frequent “out of driver memory error” from the Blue Tooth. I had mentioned before I suspected there were clashes between some software with iPAQ’s BT driver. After a lot of different manipulations eventually I found out a permanent fix.

I used Memmaid to disable some of the auto “Startup Services” (please note not the “startup items”) in my iPAQ, i.e. SPB Finance, SPB Pocket Plus. Now my BT works like a charm and the out of driver memory totally disappears. It conforms that SPB PocketPlus and some SPB software have memory stack conflicts with the BT driver.

6. BigVoice

BigVoice Mobile Deity

Further to my previous submission, the file in question is plusservice.dll. After disabling the loading of this file there is no more "out of driver memory error" in the BT. I can now install all other spb softwares. The only drawback is when a programme is quit the used memory cannot be auto recovered or released.

I have reported my finding to SPB already and hope they can solve this memory stack conflict.

7. eladeyal

eladeyal Newbie

8. David Hettel

David Hettel Mobile Deity

While I have not been blessed with the skills necessary to test this program to it's limits, I would suggest that you are wrong. I know that Handango suggest that it will not run, I've installed it and it appears to work for me...

Because this is a free Demo program it does "block" some features while running...

9. eladeyal

eladeyal Newbie

I'm a twit unworthy of the dust under David Hetell's shoes. I re-downloaded the latest version and it works OK.

Incidently, my daughter already said she likes MiTo Team Paint better because it has thicker pencil. OTOH, being 4-years-old she can't read the color names in English. We'll she how she selects the less of two evils.

10. BigVoice

BigVoice Mobile Deity

I have tried installing Pocket Informant V8.1 onto my iPAQ 212 and it clashed with the BT where I got "out of memory error". The error message disappeared after uninstalling the programme.

Just wanted to know if anyone encountered the same problem ???