Importing VCard to Palm Desktop

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by Francis V, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Francis V

Francis V Newbie

I have an android phone with lots of contacts and wish to export them to my Palm Desktop. I know, I know... the Palm is kind of old and outdated, but I still like to keep mine current. When I set up the "Import" (from android TO Palm" I got the error message, "error occurred because either the Vcard is not valid or because there are too many contacts". This isn't the exact wording of the error, but I believe it's because there are too many contacts. How could Palm put a ridiculous restriction like that on their software? My question: Has anyone figured out a way to import TO THE PALM large numbers of contacts successfully? If I can't work around this, my Palm is now unusable. I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have.

RickAgresta likes this.
  2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Welcome to Brighthand, Francis V

I don't know if or what is the limit of number of the contacts that can be imported to PalmDesktop. But I think this would work: export your contacts from Gmail to CSV format, then import using PalmDesktop's menu. If the error message appears, split the CSV files in, for example, 100 contacts each, then try again.

Keep in mind that Google and Palm use different field order for contacts. Meaning the address field on Google could appear as the email field on Palm. To solve this, export/import just a few contacts, then see if fields match. If not write down the order in which they appeared after importing, then modify the CSV accordingly. To do this, it's best to open the CSV file on Excel, then move the columns to the proper order as required by PalmDesktop.

Hope this helps.