If You've Made TX Repairs With Chris Short, A Few Questions...

Discussion in 'Palm' started by lelisa13p, Jul 29, 2017.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

All this discussion of a Palm TX makes me miss those days of Palm and the TX. lelisa you sure have a lot to look forward to when they come back home - it will be like Christmas in August.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Guys! Brain cramp here. Hard reset for both travelers before boarding the truck, right? I can't think of why not, if the answer's NO.

RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Hard reset. You've got tons of backups. :newpalm:

4. lelisa13p

:vbsmile: It's strange what seems unfamiliar when things have ticked along like clockwork for a decade. A decade! :vbeek: :vbsmile:

raspabalsa, jigwashere, Hook and 2 others like this.
  5. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Late to this discussion, and not much to add. I last sent off a work device to Chris... untold years ago. I can't even remember what device it was that I sent in. It may have been a WM 5 device. It's been that long. For a Principal long since gone in one of my buildings. I have not had reason to use his service since then. He was easy to work with back then. I hope that continues to be the case today. He's only a hop down the highway from me. :)

6. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

I assure you, Chris's service is as good today. I had a TX refurbed by him just a year or so ago (it couldn't have been two years already, could it be?). Superb work and fast turn around. I remember back when Shawn Lux was operating UsedPDAparts he and Chris worked together and I think set up together a manufacturing supply chain for glass backed digitizers that I assume Chris is still using.

7. Hook

As you can see, the TX help page is back in my sig. I probably should go check the links soon and see if it needs any updates.

scjjtt, jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  8. lelisa13p

Great to see this again! Have been brushing up on the hundreds of types of Palm resets. :vbrolleyes: Don't I just want the old garden variety hard reset (hold power button down while poking reset hole and wait for grey second Palm logo to appear before releasing power button) and not the fancy password zero-out, etc stuff? I'm overthinking this so badly that it's downright embarrassing. :vbfrown:

Hook, what procedure is performed on Hookette before going into the hospital? :vbconfused:

scjjtt, jigwashere and Hook like this.
  9. Hook

Regular hard reset is fine. Zero-out is just when you are selling to someone else. It's a more secure wipe. However, on the TX, if you have a password, I believe the hard reset is a zero out reset anyway.

scjjtt, jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  10. lelisa13p

Correct about the password/zero wipe. Embarrassingly, never set a PW on either of the TXs :vboops: and I definitely know better. :vbrolleyes: Some secure info was inside PW-locked apps but mostly no critical info (never did any banking, etc.) Computers and iThings all have PWs. Regular hard reset it is! :thumbsup: