ical not showing after sync

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by keylime12, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keylime12

keylime12 Mobile Enthusiast

After my hard reset, my address book shows up, but ical no longer does on my Palm TX when I sync. Can anyone help?

2. RobbM

RobbM Big Shot in the Lab

Hi, keylime. Welcome to BrightHand.

Do you mean that the Calendar app on the TX doesn't appear in the Launcher after the hard reset?

Not to be condescending, but sometimes the simplest things are overlooked: In the Launcher window, select ALL in the Category pulldown in the upper left. Can you see the Calendar app now? All the app sorting categories get screwed up when you hard reset.

3. keylime12

No-the calendar opens up, but the events from my computer didn't import when I synced up. I have tried looking under all the calendars, including "all" on my Palm, but no luck.

Also, I just realized that all of my contacts from the address book on my computer imported to my Palm, but they are no longer on my computer! :(

4. keylime12

AAAgh!! Just realized my contacts are no longer on my Palm, either! Can anyone help?

5. RobbM

RobbM Big Shot in the Lab

This doesn't sound good. I don't know much about how the Palm conduit backs up Palms, so I don't know if you would be able to restore contacts or calendars from the back up.

What you can try is to shut off all the conduits except the back up conduit and tell that conduit to "restore from backup". Let it sync (might take a while) and see what you get on the Palm after that.

What may have happened is that you did a hard reset and then synchronized. The conduit looks at which of the data was most recently changed. Since the hard reset deleted everything, that was the most recent change and so the data may have been deleted on the desktop too. When I have hard reset(ed), I always go in and tell the conduits to send data from the desktop, which reloads it on the Palm.

You wouldn't happen to be using Leopard with Time Machine enabled, are you?

6. keylime12

No Leopard. I think I'm using Tiger. I have my info backed up, so at least I didn't completely lose everything. Can you tell me how to get my ical and address book to import to my palm from my computer when I sync? Sorry, I'm not very tech savy, so I'm kind of fumbling around in the dark here! :(

7. keylime12

OK. So, I removed my device from isync and then re-added it and selected the option to erase the data from my device, then upload info from my computer. I seems to have fixed the address book problem, but my ical is still not copying to my Palm. Is there something I need to select to enable it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.