IBM WebSphere JVM 5.7.2 (for Palm OS) on MyTreo.Net

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by jigwashere, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

IBM WebSphere Micro Environment Java Virtual Machine 5.7.2 (for Palm OS) is available for download from MyTreo.net.
    Version 5.7.1 is linked in my signature, if you'd prefer that.

2. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

Wasn't this already available some months ago after Opera Mini first became available (clarification question on my part)?

3. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

It used to be available. IBM / Palm yanked it from active status, and no longer distribute or support it. It has become rather difficult to find, minus a few links throughout the forums.

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

It has been easier to find version 5.7.1 than 5.7.2.

5. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

It seems 5.7.1 has proven to work better than 5.7.2 for some - myself included.

6. Jupiter

Jupiter Mobile Evangelist

Out of curiosity, in what way?

7. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

Though I've seen this in different forums, here's a link to a very good Opera on Palm thread right here at Brighthand. It's been a long time since I compared both, but I know I ended up with 5.71 on my TX.

8. r0k

r0k Dazed

This is b$. The reason my 755p got trashed is that when Palm pulled the JVM off it's web site, google simultaneously pulled their java based email client. I embarked on this fool's errand debugging chatteremail, then vzw wireless sync and finally snappermail simply to fill the void left when I could no longer locate a gmail client for my Treo. Well, that's not entirely true. I do like the idea of having the email sitting on sd card so I can browse and search mail without going online to do so but I had somehow managed to limp along with the gmail client on my 650 for a long time.

I guess I really just resent the timing. I would get around to making email work on my phone when I darn well get around to it until IBM and Palm fell out of love and the Google client got pulled. Now that I've got jvm 5.7.1 and 5.7.2 salted away I wonder why 5.7.2 is 12 meg but 5.7.1 is only 1.8 meg.

Now that I've been forced across the email bridge, I'm unlikely to go back but I still wonder if anybody managed to grab the google prc file before they pulled it? (pm me) ;)

9. Shawn510

Shawn510 Oh, Snap!

What happened with this? I was going to redownload the JVM and find it gone? Did Palmspring forget IBM's birthday or somehting?

10. Girt

Girt Gadgeteer

Thank you very much!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.