i suppose it's goodbye to the tx forum ..

Discussion in 'Palm' started by ferrous, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregte

Gregte TX lifer

As a Macintosh fan (the only computers I have ever owned) and then more recently as a Palm fan (started with the m500) I always told myself I would be first in line if Apple would build a PDA. But after about 3 years of using a TX and watching the iPhone and iPod touch come onto the scene I still cannot find a good enough reason to switch (also own lots of AAPL). In my case I think it is more the fact that I hate changing computers. Used to love getting a new one but anymore it is just more work!

For instance, I use a Mac with Tiger (OS X 10.4). Now that 10.5 is out they quit updating 10.4 and that is a relief to me. I need stability, not constant change that has to be 'kept up with'.

I was also one of the last holdouts on the C-64 after the first Mac came on to the scene.

Anyway, good luck with the iPhone ferrous but I am going to have to wait until enough more iterations of it come along to make the difference between an iPhone/touch and TX similar to that between a C-64 and Mac.

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

[OT]
    My wife has a Mac through her work. I support it as best I can. She often gets emails with video and document attachments she can't open, so forwards them to me. I have no problems with them on WinXP. I suppose it's not so much a Mac issue as it is a problem with having an appropriate reader or codec. Is there a codec repository for Macs?
    [/OT]

3. r0k

r0k Dazed

Nice to hear from ya, ferrous! I'm tempted by ithings right now too. I have a TX sitting in a drawer that won't hold a charge and lately I've been scanning the ebay auctions for 8 gig ipod touches.

4. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

Have fun. I have been wondering what to do with my TX's. My kids each have their own Touch so they have lost interest in my spare Palms. They were using my TT for games and starting to enter contacts in the T3, but they are both covered in dust now. These kids rarely set the Touch down! It's a little annoying at times... I decided to keep at least one of each Palm model over the past several years, so I should just sell 2 TXs as well. Why is this so difficult to do? I suppose it's because it's the end of an era. Well, that and I can procrastinate like a pro!

5. Gregte

Gregte TX lifer

Does she have the freeware Flip4Mac installed? It covers WMV video.

6. Gregte

Gregte TX lifer

I'm a bit curious as to why no one has mentioned waiting for the Palm Pre.

7. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I'd chime in on Gregte's post and ask why buy it now, when both the Pre and a likely new iPhone are due within 3 months or so?

In any event, I hope you like it. The iPhone has tugged at me as well. Like Gregte, Apple (and I'm a stockholder too) has made it relatively easy for me to resist. I'm leaning more toward a Nokia N97 or an HTC product if they get the combination of features right.

8. z22 2006 User

z22 2006 User BHOT's Own Fluffy

This is true. Even though I have a LD, I still post in the z22 and E|2 boards every now and then.

EDIT: 'Doh! I didn't see there was a second page.

9. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

I think most of us who are moving have concluded, for various reasons, that the Palm Pre is not for us. For Ferrous, it would probably be initial release in CDMA, if nothing else.

Speaking for myself, maybe there will be a WebOS device down the road I would want, but the Pre isn't it.

10. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

She does not. Thanks for the tip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.