i suppose it's goodbye to the tx forum ..

Discussion in 'Palm' started by ferrous, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferrous

ferrous yep, my feet & socks.

well, i guess it's a goodbye to the tx forum, because i've just ordered myself an iphone. i know of the some of the drawbacks of it, but i just can't hold back anymore. it's such a sexy beast. great looks, beautiful interface, great apps available (if you jail break it, which i will be).

there have been too many people around me using (& loving) their iphones, i just can't resist any longer.

i still have three txs, which i guess i'll be ebaying (two of them, at least, until i have the iphone doing everything i want & once there's a mobipocket reader for the iphone).

i've loved the tx while i've been using it, but the options for moving forward with it, when palm just doesn't seem interested in it anymore, are kind of limited. it's time to jump ship to a device which, frankly, i've been lusting after almost ever since i heard of it.

my iphone should arrive in the next 3 or so business days. i must say that i'm rather excited about it.

so you're sure to see me over in the apple forum from now until i get my iphone doing exactly what i want it to be doing. :)

2. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Good luck with your new device ;)

3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Naughty girl! :mad:

:D You can see from my sig that I've also fallen, at least partially, for the lure of the i. :p

Your TX will still come in handy; PIMs for Touch suck. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

I'm moving on as well, to a Nokia 5800, but Hookette, my TX still has a special place and I will not be deserting the TX forum any time soon. No need to go away just because you change devices. :D

5. ferrous

ferrous yep, my feet & socks.

thanks, all. :)

i dare say i'll end up keeping one of my palms, even if it's for smiley (my five year old) to use for games & movies. he's already got my original way old original palm (gosh, can't even remember what model it is. it's the slide out one. something with an 'M' in it. lol!)

i also have a heap of ebooks in mobipocket format which i haven't yet read, so i'll need to use it for those books since mobipocket has yet to release a reader for the iphone.

so i'm sure i'll be around occasionally. :)

6. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. teg

teg Mobile Evangelist

Good luck with your new toy. I will miss your feet! :)

Trev

8. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

Hi ferrous :)

I remember that you were always willing to learn and carefully experiment with your TX and looking at your sig it is obvious you know quality when you see it.
    In the end you had a stable TX that was customized to your needs, I'm sure this will be the case with your new iPh1

You should definitely hand a TX down to smiley, it's great for reading, playing games and drawing etc, he will love it :D

I had a Palm that slid open to reveal a camera, it was a Zire71 (see my sig)

I will drop into the Apple Forum and see how you are going :)

All the best, woz of oz

9. noobette

noobette AKA skeletal_surfer

Hi Ferrous! Long time no see!

My husband just got an iPhone last month, and I am horribly jealous. I would love to have one and have been going back and forth about it, but can't justify the $30/month data plan. If I could use the iPhone just with wi-fi and no data plan, I wouldn't hesitate. It is SO AWESOME <stars in eyes>

10. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

I went to an 8125. I have been feeling the iLure now that Apple will add copy/paste, actual BT support, and a lot of other things, but that still doesn't change the fact that there are no trials, iTunes is so restrictive (and jailbreaking can be very dangerous if you don't re-jail it before any system update) and you have to manually manage everything not in iTunes (for me, that's about a third of my stuff), and there's still no multitasking or tweaking.

One question, though: In the iPod app, does CoverFlow only allow you to see the songs in the current album in the list view and you have to use CF to change albums, or is it all-encompassing and allow you to see all the songs on the device regardless of what's playing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.