I really need help recovering my pictures

Discussion in 'Samsung BlackJack and BlackJack II' started by manewell, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manewell

manewell Newbie

I have a BlackJack II that I now only use as a personal device (no service provider). I recently took it on a field trip and took a lot of pictures and some videos with it. I dropped it in the water, and although I picked it up immediately, I have not been able to power it up since -- nothing happens when I depress the power button. When I try to charge it, I sometimes get the red light, but for less than a minute; most other times, nothing happens. I've left it plugged in for hours and hours, and I've gotten a new battery, same results. I've already checked the micro card, and the pictures are not on it - I wasn't bright enough to set the pics/videos to auto default to it.

Is there any way the device's internal memory can be removed and put into another device to be read? I'll gladly buy another one of these just to be able to retrieve those pictures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Use the BH search engine. There are a few threads that cover recovering wet devices.

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

welcome to Brighthand, manewell

clearly, the following advice is much too late for you to follow, but maybe repeating it will help someone else...

the device *MUST*BE*THOROUGHLY*DRY* **BEFORE POWER IS RE-APPLIED**. that usually takes at least several DAYS, even after it appears that it is dry. some people place the device in a zip-lock bag of moisture-absorbant material (uncooked instant rice is an inexpensisve way to go).

there are other steps that should be taken, if the water was salty, but again, too late here, and as Varjak suggested, the search function will give you good detail.

to answer your question, though, if you are willing to spend the money, there must be someone, somewhere, that would be willing to give it a shot.

sorry about your loss, here. please let us know how thngs work out.

4. manewell

manewell Newbie

Thanks, folks, Yep, it's so instinctive to immediately power the thing on again . . . )>: I'll give the search engine a try. If you hear about anyone that can do this for me, yes, I'd be more than happy to part with some bucks to get it done. I don't care about the device, if it ever works again or not, but I definitely want those pictures.

thanks again for the responses.

5. samtex123

samtex123 Newbie

i have a Samsung gravity three that got dropped in water...all works except the LCD screen which has a faint glow and visilbe water spots. I have waited a week to see if it would light upfully but no luck.
    Do LCDs ever come back if they dry out..is there a repair for them?

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

welcome to Brighthand, samtex123

I'd suggest having the screen replaced; the problem is, I don't know of repair facilities for anything other than the older Palm devices. sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.