I Have My Nexus 4-- and I'm Still Drooling.

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by Hook, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

*snicker*

I considered a bluetooth remote, of the kind used for presentations, hadn't thought of a mouse. I'll look into plex. The name certainly rings a bell. Thanks

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Mi An likes this.
  3. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Reading during the day, standing in line or sitting on the couch is fine with any form factor, whatever I'm holding rests on my hand, I don't have to grip it. Reading while reclined or lying down is tougher, for that, I don't find actual books to be particularly ergonomic :eek: so it doesn't help much there.

That said, that is one classy case. Wouldn't be any harder to adapt that than the TPU/hybrid I'm adapting now. Then while out and about, people might think I was doing what I'm actually doing: reading a book.

4. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Mi An - I forgot (sorry) who it was here who pointed me to Lux Lite or Lux Auto Brightness but it will solve your brightness issue. I started with the Lite (free) and bought the Lux Auto Brightness. Great app - give it a try and let us know how it works.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4g using Tapatalk

Mi An and jigwashere like this.
  5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Google Alex Pruss. He's an inactive member of Brighthand but has a blog and had been posting at XDA developer's site. among other things, he wrote an app to dim the screen, modify the display for nighttime astronomy, etc. He's also discussed ereaders and keyboards. You might find something useful as well as interesting.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

Mi An likes this.
  6. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

That was me, actually ;) Right now I'm managing brightness changes with tasker, like I did on Syd. My paragraph was poorly worded, and I may have misled you. I used to have a problem on my last handheld, but I don't anymore on the nexus. Good reminder though, thank you, as Lux supports tasker, and depending on how versatile that support is, it might be more useful than Screen Filter, what I use now. Screen Filter works fine, but it's more single purpose. Lux has more features.

scjjtt likes this.
  7. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Hook likes this.
  8. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Mi An - that app has really been a big help - thanks for suggesting it. The S4 stock auto level was about half of what this phone's auto level is (Samsung Epic 4 G - which I use at home if I'm going to write much - it gives me twice the writing area to use Graffiti Pro in).

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4g using Tapatalk

9. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I've installed and am using plex. Thanks again, jig. It has some incompatibilities with the way my pvr software works, but right around the time I installed it, one of the plugin folks at the pvr site started developing a plex 'channel' workaround for the issue, so I'll probably stick with it. I haven't grabbed the android client yet, but I have used the web client through a browser on my nexus and found it very handy.

Sometime this week it hit me that my smartphone, to wit a smartphone that cost me less than some meals I've had (where the after-meal hospital bill counts), has as much ram as my desktop. My smartphone usually has a gig free while my desktop spills over into a pagefile, and my smartphone is at the beginning of its life while my desktop is much closer to the end, but still.

Hook, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  10. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

scjjtt likes this.