I couldn't resist the color side

Discussion in 'iPAQ h3100 series' started by i_am_cdn, Jan 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i_am_cdn

i_am_cdn Pocket Theme Fanatic

Okay I tried to resist as long as I could but when I was offered a color iPAQ for a really good price, and I gave in.

The fact that I've had someone bugging to buy my mono unit for a better than fair price sort of helped to push me over the edge.

Although I still have 14 days to return the color unit if I change my mind, tick, tick, tick :confused:

2. JuryDuty

JuryDuty It's a Wonderful iPaq

Don't feel bad. You're still a MonPaqer at heart.

I know there were a LOT of us who found the greatest benefit of the MonPaq being the value for the money. With the color units dropping in price, this margin narrows. Still, the MonPaq offers several benefits over the Color units and visa-versa. It all depends on one's needs.

Just don't forget to keep visiting this forum--your input has been really good. :)

3. i_am_cdn

Well the thing I like least about my 3650 is the battery life

The thing I like the most is the speed at which the apps load/run. That extra 16mb makes a difference.

My only decsion now is if I should get the OS upgrade? I do like the new mail function that allows for sub folders to be synced as well.

If I hadn't been offered the color unit at such a good price I never would have jumped ship.

4. ArcadeCollector

ArcadeCollector Mobile Enthusiast

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for your colorunit i_am_cdn?

5. i_am_cdn

Got it for $150US, I paid $100US for my 3150, and can hopefully sell it for that (might ask more as I also bought a sync cradle and will probably sell that with the 3150), so my cost will be $50US for the upgrade.

6. JuryDuty

JuryDuty It's a Wonderful iPaq

Oh, geez, on ebay I got $200 for one of my MonPaqs. You might just make a profit. Are you selling it with a CF sleeve? If so, you can get $175 easy. I'd sell your sync cradle separately and you'll make more.

Do you really think the 3650 is faster? I feel it's the same speed, but then again, I had all my 3150 programs on my CF card and not in RAM...

7. ArcadeCollector

ArcadeCollector Mobile Enthusiast

US $150.00? Sounds really cheap! Where did you get that?

8. i_am_cdn

Got my unit thru a friend who deals a lot with Compaq thru his work, and spends mega bucks with them. Now if they could only get me the same sort of deal on a laptop!

Hey JD $200US! I had some one at work offer me $200CDN ($128US).

I had all of my programs on my flash card, but have noticed a definite spped improvement with my 3650, and I've been loading the programs into the RAM. Go figure confused:

I'm hanging onto my CF sleeve, need it for all of my mp3 and mpg files. I was thinking of asking $150US with the sync cradle, does that sound fair?

9. imported_Purduee

imported_Purduee Mobile Enthusiast

unless you really need the money, I'd hang on to both. I own both a 3835 and a 3135. I'd like to get the memory upped in my 3135 since the 16MB is limiting, but the battery life is obscene compared to my 3835... It's amazing how long a period of time I can read e-books with the backlight on and the battery barely gets touched...

10. i_am_cdn

I'd love to keep both, but the wife will kill me. The deal is I have to sell my 3150 to keep the 3650 - sigh :(

11. imported_Purduee

imported_Purduee Mobile Enthusiast

My wife doesn't know I have a 3835... :)

12. i_am_cdn

I think mines telepathic, she always knows what I?m up to! Guess a new bike is out of the question right now.

13. i_am_cdn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.