hx4700 won't boot/finish clearing data

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by BitShifter, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitShifter

BitShifter Newbie

A few weeks ago, my hx4700 locked up. I reset it and it wouldn't get past the boot screen. I've tried leaving it unplugged and batteryless for a week, hard resets, soft resets, <calendar>+<inbox>+<reset>, flashing a new rom onto it, etc.

When it gets to the Clearing Data, please wait screen, it just sort of sits there for hours on end.

I'm nearing my wits end. I need to get this figured out soon because I'm going to have to do some flying and I really want my e-books.

Any suggestions, pointers? Am I SOL?

2. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Mobile Deity

By any chance, do you have screen corruption? I have another hx4700 that refuses to boot up no matter what, and the screen's all garbled-it seems to be a motherboard problem. The screen corruption remained even after a ROM reflash.

While I sure hope that it's not a hardware-level issue that warrants device repair, I'm not sure if you have any other recourse.

EDIT: Wait, where are my manners? Welcome to Brighthand.

3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, BitShifter. :)

4. BitShifter

BitShifter Newbie

Thank you, I've been lurking for a while.

I have an update. Yesterday, soon after my post I managed to get my hx4700 working.

I used the ChrisM's bootloader and a WM5 build that I found on another forum (linked from this forum). I had to upload the build a couple of times before I hit on a combination that worked for me.

I had to upload the build, do a full reset (contacts + inbox + reset), and then do a soft reset after a couple of minutes. The first full reset didn't seem to work, but repeating the contacts + inbox + reset, wait a couple of minutes, and a second soft reset.

Thanks for the replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.