Huawei Mate 9 Review: Dual Cameras in a Solid Smartphone

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Jamison Cush, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Jamison Cush

Jamison Cush TechnologyGuide Editor Moderator

The Huawei Mate 9 has three features that could well define 2017’s smartphone crop: barely-there display bezels, AI, and a dual camera.

There’s nothing revolutionary about the implementation here. Bezels have been shrinking for years, as smartphone makers balance larger displays with small builds. Dual cameras are quickly becoming the norm, with Huawei itself having multiple devices with them. And between Google Assistant, Siri, Cortana, and Alexa, voice-powered AI is NBD.

But combined in a decent piece of hardware with high-end specs, they make for a quality smartphone. That’s what Huawei is going for with large the Mate 9, a follow-up to last year’s Mate 8.

Did Huawei succeed in creating something decent for its latest and greatest? Find out in this full Huawei Mate 9 review.

Read the full content of this Article: http://www.brighthand.com/phonereview/huawei-mate-9-review-dual-cameras-solid-smartphone/

2. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

I got the Huawei P9, and I am quite pleased with it. Very decent and well rounded hardware though unremarkable. Great build and nice to hold. Very sharp camera, fairly good battery life, responsive all around, and gives you the everything just works feeling. My main complaint is the UI on Android that tries too hard to look like iOS.

Ever since I had my Huawei Nexus 6P, I am fairly impressed with the make, and that the company is a genuine contender to Apple and Samsung.

scjjtt likes this.