HTC One X+ worth buying Tegra 3 before Tegra 4 is debuted in start of 2013?

Discussion in 'HTC' started by LeoVainio, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

One X+ has a big difference over the others is that it has 64Gb of storage. Which can come in handy if you plan on putting a lot of games. The DNA/Butterfly or for that matter, the Nexus 4, is stuck on 16Gb.

Considering the spread of the benchmarks between the One X and the One X+, the difference seems greater than the mere 200Mhz addition in clock speed, which points to a faster memory subsystem on the One X+ over the One X.

2. LeoVainio

LeoVainio Mobile Enthusiast

And Tegra 4 would have to be insanely powerful and power efficient... To run (same or better) games at 1080 (and noticeably better than the Tegra 3), in addition to any improvements in battery life. And apart from that no other thing will be better, especially the storage capacity.. or any other feature.

And personally I think the One X+ looks absolutely awesome :D

3. weegie

weegie Mobile Deity

It does indeed [look awesome] as does the screen, even looks great in the ozone depleted southern hemisphere sun glare.
    They've changed to unified storage on the One X+, which means MTP instead of usb mass storage, ok [despite pros and cons] on windows, but not much fun if you use Linux or OSX instead or as well as.
    At least it means you won't be limited as much with some of the large games you will probably load....having to mess around with apps2sd etc

4. LeoVainio

LeoVainio Mobile Enthusiast

It looks and works amazing, I would love to have it. But I'll get something newer and much better in about 6 months, moving to Finland and going to the army for a year :p and nobody there uses Blackberrys or BBM so..