HTC Droid Incredible Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Jen Edwards, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen Edwards

Jen Edwards PocketGoddess

[​IMG]The HTC Droid Incredible is the latest Android OSphone to hit Verizon Wireless.

It packs a lengthy list of features, including Android OS 2.1 running on a 1 GHz processor, an 8 megapixel camera, and 8 GB of on-board memory, along with a microSD slot that supports up to 16 GB memory expansion cards.

Social networking features from Facebook and Twitter are included, as well as Microsoft Exchange synchronization and the full Google experience.

The Incredibleis available now for$200 with a new two-year service agreement.

Read the full content of this Article: HTC Droid Incredible Review

Related Articles:

Motorola Droid Review

BlackBerry Curve 8530 Review

Palm Pre Plus from Verizon Review

Palm Pixi Plus Review

HTC EVO 4G Review

Motorola Devour Review

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  2. philpalm

philpalm Mobile Deity

Only one small spelling error on Page two spelling Incredible, but overall a very professional and complete coverage of the Incredible.

How the flash works on said device will either prove or disprove Steven Job's comments about Flash.

3. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

FABULOUS review Ed. I enjoyed it immensely. This really seems like a 'contendah.'

I asked this in another thread and perhaps it's too narrow and too selfish a request; but do you think you could get a bit more detail on the audio and video formats it handles? I've noticed some inconsistencies on various sites about this. And no one ever seems to specify if WMA Lossless is included within the WMA format (it isn't always). And oddly, for a Google-related device, it doesn't support the open FLAC standard.

Also, just as a footnote, Fortune already reported that Amazon is offering this phone for $149!

Incredible! Latest Droid drops $50 - Google 24/7 - Fortune Brainstorm Tech

4. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

Oops, this review was accidentally mis-credited for a time. It was actually written by Jen Edwards.
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

A small note: this deal is only for people who are switching to Verizon.
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. blisterpeanuts

blisterpeanuts Mobile Deity

Nice review. It sounds pretty much like a Nexus One with a better camera.

It's nice to see that Verizon is picking up this technology. It can only mean a larger app market for all of us Android users.

I agree about the convenience of Google Apps. Once I was able to import my Palm contacts and calendar, my phone picked it up and now, for the first time, all of my data is in my phone, automatically synchronized with a central web location, for free.

7. FlipCody

FlipCody Mobile Enthusiast

Jen,

4 days on one charge? That is very unusual. Most people over the android forums are getting less than 2 days with moderate use and many people are getting less than 1 day. I got 34 hours on a charge with moderate use (down to 10%). Could you give a few more details on use during those days? How much awake time (in settings>about phone>battery)? Any chance to get summary of battery use (in settings>about phone>battery>battery use)? Did you turn off 3G when not using internet?

Thanks for the great review. Very well written and I agree with most your points. I'm loving the phone as well.

8. Jen Edwards

Jen Edwards PocketGoddess

I'm sorry, the loaner unit has already been sent back to Verizon, and I didn't read your message in time.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the battery life on the Incredible--I wouldn't leave my charger at home before a business trip, but I also wouldn't panic if I forgot to charge the phone at night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.