how to transfer te 2 contacts onto Nokia 6230i

Discussion in 'Tungsten E series' started by arena, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arena

arena Mobile Enthusiast

I've given up trying to transfer my TE 2 contacts onto my Nokia mobile via bluetooth or IR. I bought a usb cable which hooks the Nokia to the computer but can't figure out how to transfer the TE 2 data onto the computer then onto the Nokia with the cable. By the way, how does one back up the TE 2 files onto the computer!? Despite all my incompetence, I do manage to do Hotsynchs (not bad for an old gink).

I wish I was a teenager again so I didn't have to bother people with such stuff.

Peace.

2. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Umm... if you are successfully HotSyncing already then this should be backing up pretty much everything PIM information-wise from the TE2, Area. Why did you give up with bluetooth transference, BTW? :)

3. arena

arena Mobile Enthusiast

Boy you guys are quick!

I believe I muddled something on passwords when bluetoothing with the two devices. They were communicating but the Nokia wouldn't import. Now they just don't communicate. I can' manage to transfer groups using IR. A person at FNAC here in Paris talked me into this cable (my computer doesn't have bluetooth). Is it possible to transfer contacts with this cable? Can the hotsynch files on the computer (wherever they are) be bounced to the Nokia with the cable?

I actually like the TE 2 because of the gps and it doesn't crash like my Zire 72(I tried to change the battery on that which was a mistake).

4. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

besides the cable, did he provide software to interface the Nokia to the computer and manage information transfer?

5. arena

arena Mobile Enthusiast

No. Just a Nokia "connectivity cable" and a 50 euro invoice. Hey, if you're from the midwest you must be happy the Tigers won and hoping for a miracle for the Twins.

6. 106112909

106112909 Mobile Deity

Wekk Arena, you can download the Nokia PC Suite for your phone from here. Easiest way to get your Palm Contacts to your phone is to sync via Outlook (assuming you have Outlook installed). For the E2, just install the Outlook conduits that came on the CD. I am not sure how to set things up for the Nokia but I am sure it is possible as I have seen one of my colleagues from work do exactly that. Maybe someone here will be able to help some more.

7. BAB2000

I grew a Tiger fan, with Norm Cash, Al Kaline, Bill Freehan, Willie Horton, and such, even Denny McClain.

Do not pay much attention, except viewing the headlines. The Tigers did make the playoffs but let fans down, loosing last 5, and yielding division to the Twins:rolleyes:

Loosing a home field advantage for the playoffs and visiting Yankee Stadium as a Wild card is not best option.

My area, NE INdiana has divided loyalities for sports, baseball, Cubs, Reds, Indians, White Soxs, and a few Tiger fans, all have there following. Here winners are followed by all, the faithful keep colors to themselves.

yeh! excited:D more or less.

Football, college and pro, add local Hockey, is big here, Go Komets!

Any excitement in France, expecting good grape harvest?

8. arena

arena Mobile Enthusiast

I previously installed PC suite although not sure how to couple this with Outlook. I use Outlook Express and I believe it was preinstalled when I bought the computer. What is a conduit?

I am sure everyone is by now rolling their eyes realizing I am hopeless. I'll give it a try tomorrow morning and if unsucessful will be back. Hope someone still has the patience to walk me through this.

9. arena

arena Mobile Enthusiast

I'm a Tribe fan myself. Bordeaux wines will again be good this year. At least someone is benefitting from these yearly droughts.

Anyway, this flipping TE 2/Nokia transfer is driving me nuts.

A demain.

10. BAB2000

Outlook and Outlook Express are two different applications.

Outlook is a full function Personal information manager, (PIM) with an eMail client.

Outlook Express is an eMail client with limited addrssbook functions.

The Palm desktop is a PIM application, to provide PC or Mac access to your Palm handheld.

A conduit is a pathway for data to be transfered from the PC application to the device for which it is designed and the device back tot he PC app.

Palm uses conduits for Hotsync, and they are normaly named for the applications they are associated.

The Nokia software, I have no idea. You may have to options, one is a direct link with Outlook, which you apparently do not have.

Second is that the Nokia software will accept data to be imported into its application. If you determine acceptable data formats it can read for import, then you can hopefully EXPORT from the Palm desktop in the format supported, creating a file with info, then select via Nokia software and import this file with minimum alterations.

Once data is established on the Nokia software, then connect phone and transfer.

Only a guess, hope of help.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.