How to sync Outlook with Galaxy S8

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by Frances, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Frances

Frances Newbie

Hi guys!
    I'm struggling to find a solution on how to sync Outlook notes, contacts and calendar events with my new Samsung Galaxy S8. I have never synced Outlook data with this phone before. I just tried to do that using Smart Switch but this duplicated my contacts and this led to confusion in my addressbook.
    Could anyone advise a reliable solution or any other workaround to sync Outlook with my new smartphone?
    Any help is appreciated.

RickAgresta likes this.
  2. Hook

Hook Cat and Mouse and Linux

Welcome to Brighthand, Frances.

My personal recommendation is CompanionLink with Deja Office on the phone. I used them for years and they are excellent. I have since stopped using Outlook, so I no longer use them, but I highly recommend the software and they provide very good customer service.

https://www.companionlink.com/

They are pricey. However, I think the feature set, reliability abd customer support they provide are worth it. They have 14 day trial period for you to work out the setup and get it working right and you can use their email or phone support to help you if you need it. On their support page they have many very clear how-tos for almost any scenario.

Hope this helps.

guywolffe, scjjtt, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  3. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Welcome to Brighthand, Frances!

I'll second Hook's suggestion and comments about CompanionLink and Deja Office - Both are excellent, offering good performance and features, and have been very reliable for me. Definitely worth the price!

guywolffe, lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  4. Alesia Nik

Alesia Nik Newbie

Here are 2 ways through which You can synchronize your Galaxy S8 with Outlook.

• Samsung Smart Switch – native Android software for syncing with PC
    • AkrutoSync – 3rd party software designed to transfer Outlook data between smartphones and Outlook.

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Welcome to Brighthand, Alesia Nik.

Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  6. Frances

Frances Newbie

Thank you all for your input. I decided to test AkrutoSync and now I'm in the middle of its two-week trial and so far it looks promising.