How to install the new Aceeca 64bit drivers on a TX

Discussion in 'Palm' started by WyreNut, Apr 26, 2011.

1. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

Jerry_NJ: All four files should be in that folder when it is unzipped. I would download the Aceeca 64bit driver again and choose to download it to the desktop. Unzip it on the desktop. Then try again. I know you can browse for the file there.

The yellow thing in front of the word palm will change to Aceeca when it is installed and you should be able to hotsync.

2. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks, before going there maybe you can tell me more with the following information.
    1) I do not recall calling for a "unzip", nor do I recall seeing any auto-unzip.
    2) After download there is a Folder in my W7 Downloads Folder. This Folder is named: AceecaUSBDx64 and it has the W7 symbol for a zipped file, and the type is listed as: Compressed (zipped) Folder and it is 70 KB. That said, the contents of this folder is 4 files with the following types: Security Catalog 7 KB, Setup Information 4KB, System File 33KB, and Applications Extension 28KB.

It would seem that the Folder has been unzipped and it may be that the driver update utility has to somehow access the "Setup Information" file.

If these contents are indeed what should be after an unzip, I will try further connect with this folder. I did try putting a link to the Folder on the Desk Top and when that was done the drive utility could not "see" it either.

3. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

Jerry, as long as the folder has the zip symbol, it has *not* been unzipped. Windows simply is showing you the contents of the zip container. Right click and select "extract" or some similar command.

4. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

Jerry, post back when you are able to hotsync. I would like to know if contacts show up in the palm desktop.

5. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks, I'm on a different computer at the moment. Obviously I am less than a novice with zip/unzip. I think the few occasions the issue has come up in the past the download or the install process did the required unzip.

I will be back on the subject machine later today, tonight.

6. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

O.K. the driver installation completed, and appears to be successful.
    Here's the "But". I set the desktop to overwrite the handheld for the date book, contacts, and memos (that's about all I use). Then I called for a syn from the Z22. Things look to be progress, but they stalled at step 2 of 12. After a few minutes I hit a cancel. Hum, guess one can't copy information form the hot syn log, I was going to include the records... I could hand type them in if of interest.

Maybe I have to do a hot syn on all applications, not have the DT set to overwrite. I have backed up the DT, so I can recover it if the HS kills the DT.

7. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

Make sure the Z22 is compatible with the 6.2 desktop. This is a separate issue from the driver. You may need "PalmHotSyncSetup " from the bottom of this page:

Pimlico Software home page

8. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Back, I may just be too impatient, recalling how fast past Palm PDAs had completed sync. I looked in the Z22 and see the calendar has been updated to and spot checks show information that I put in the DT calendar over the last few days. The step was calendar update.

I believe the Z22 has 20+meg of memory, the hot sync log suggested the memory may be exhausted. I set the syn to run again an have dinner, that should give it enough time. It that is the problem.

P.S. the Device manager shows Palm with a small "?" in the lower corner. Looking back I now see Palm has disappeared.

Opps, the Palm icon disappeared in the DM because the Z22 powered down. Turning the power back on brings the DM icon back up, with the little "?" also displayed. DM believes the device is working properly and show the correct driver name.

Letting the syn run in the background Date Book and Contacts has completed, now at 8 of 12... the memo is a very large amount of data that will take some time. It may be sync will work fast, an overwrite is a complete memory overwrite in the Z22, and that takes time.

9. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

Jerry, The PalmHotsyncSetup that Hook posted may still be of use. Desktop 6.2 was written differently and does not work the same way for PIM applications on legacy palm devises.

10. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks, I'll look further. I believe DT 6.2. is compatible with the Z22. I tried a IR dingle and it worked sometimes, but he lack of a 64 bit driver seemed to plague the sync..finally it completely stopped.

The Z22 is still working on the memo overwrite, I guess it has been about 2 hours. I'll wait a bit longer before clicking a cancel.

Edit: I downloaded the PalmSync id'ed by Hook, thanks - I will wait to see what develops on my extended "test" of the driver.