How-to: Bluetooth Internet through PC

Discussion in 'Palm' started by DeanDC10, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

I have a guide that is linked below and I am told it is very applicable to the Zire 72 and setting it up to share your PC's Internet connection via Bluetooth.

I do not have a Zire 72, but others that do have told me that my guide is very helpful.

I just thought I would pass it along on this forum.

Dean's Brighthand FAQ can be found here.

2. Burk

Burk Newbie

i went through your guide...it took care some of the problems...but i still can't connect and use the web from my 72 to my PC. i have two little icons for the Bluetooth. one is the my connection's icon and the other is bluetooth manager...i think, that one has the white letter "B" with a red background.
    the adapter that im using is a D-link DBT-120 Bluetooth adapter.
    some of the stuff that i have tried is un-installing it, and re-installing it with my wireless card removed (that takes care of my firewall) and i also turned off my antiviris program too. i also went on the D-Link website and downloaded the drivers from their site and i still get the same result, the "B" with a red background. when i click on the icon with the red background it says that the bluetooth device is not found. but there is the funny thing....i can hotsync using the bluetooth device, and my 72 shows up in my bluetooth divices. so could it be a hardware problem? or drivers? can anyone help?

3. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

If you have two Bluetooth icons in the system tray you probably have WinXP SP2 installed. See my solution for this on my guide.

If it works Hotsyncing it should work with Network access. Since you Hotsynced first it is now defaulting to the Serial profile. Make sure the Serial profile is set to start manually and the Network access profile is the ONLY one running or started on the PC.

4. l.t. pickle

l.t. pickle not here, look there---->

I have a PAN :( is there any way I could use that to connect?
    I have windows xp
    I have a router
    and I have bluesoleil :(

5. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

You can not use the PAN profile to connect.

I was told that bluesoleil put out some updated drivers that included the Network Access profile. I would go to their web site and see if you can find updated drivers for your adapter.

You can use the Serial profile and Softick PPP as an option.

6. tmatteson

tmatteson Mobile Evangelist

My setup:

laptop running WinXP Pro sp1
    LAN that runs through a proxy (bess filtering program) at a school.
    Belkin F8T003 Bluetooth USB Adapter

I was able to Hotsync, but could not access the net. I kept getting the timed out type of DNS error.

Does the Bluetooth connection use the Internet Options settings? i.e. my proxy?

7. techno nerd

techno nerd I dont know what to say.

i have asked this 100 times and i dont wanht to accept the answer.

is there another way to get online with my zire 72 thru a bluetooth usb dongle than softick ppp? i have windows xp sp2

8. Zire72user

Zire72user Newbie

OK heres the deal...i really dont understand the bluetooth setup page above and have absolutly no idea how to put this thing on the internet..do i need other equipment..like one of these[​IMG] to connect to the internet?(i read in a review that u did, and it was easy to set up once u did)..and if i do buy one...will i be able to connect to the internet like anywhere i go? or like just at home where my wireless router is...im kinda slow with this stuff and would really appreciate it if someone can brake it down to me about what i need to connect the internet?

9. yachtpro

yachtpro Mobile Evangelist

FAQ page down? Link posted won't go through. Thanks

10. chris777

chris777 confusulated

It would be nice to have this back up, if not someone may want to pull it down.