How-to: Bluetooth Internet through PC

Discussion in 'Palm' started by DeanDC10, Jan 30, 2005.

1. ramos85

ramos85 Newbie

Verizon has locked the network profiles...I can't follow this guide :(. I just can't wait for a patch or "cr%$ck" for this. Anyone know of one? :D . Thanks.

2. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

3. ramos85

ramos85 Newbie

Ok, thanks...I did and the patch "btmanager" work, now I can put the Dial-up Networking to ON... but how do I follow your directions when I can't change anything in the Network Settings?

Thanks.

4. canter

canter Mobile Enthusiast

I have a Dell Laptop and spent about $1200 the past 3 weeks using Internet charges from Rogers on Holidays, I was pissed when I saw the bill, but worked fine to a 650

the dell is 1.2 & treo is version 1.1 and it made no difference in the world, I didnt check range but 20 feet was fine.

One note, when running Bluetooth and drawing Internet off the Treo 650, it really starts sucking down the battery fast, I left it plugged in all the time after the first day.,

JC

5. mossketeer

mossketeer Mobile Enthusiast

Hey guys -

On the same topic, but a little different (if I understand your posts correctly) - I wanted to know if I can surf the web on my DESKTOP computer, using the Treo 650 as a modem...? I would be willing to pay the extra $20 a month to get internet on my phone, and then (hopefully) be able to 'Bluetooth' that signal over to the computer, and surf on that? Is that possible? Or at the very least, I could plug in the phone to the computer and use an actual cord...

My reason is I'm anticipating living in a guest house that's pretty rough; it does have electricity, but no cable or phone lines, so I thought - why not do it all via satellite? I don't care if it's a slow connection!

Thanks guys

:D

6. canter

canter Mobile Enthusiast

yes you can

7. mossketeer

Thanks Canter!
    :cool:

8. mikecox

mikecox Mobile Deity

9. mossketeer

I got the same reply when going to that web address... Poo - have any of you used the "Missing Lync" software for the Treo 650 with Mac OSX? Does it make connecting to the net and Bluetooth a lot easier?

10. mikecox

mikecox Mobile Deity

I searched the web for "missing lync" and came up empty, except for something connected to MAC :confused: